Clinical Officer Job at Bliss GV
A healthcare provider in Kenya, East and central Africa is looking to for a Clinical Officer.
Responsibilities for the Clinical Officer Job
- Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to patients.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment for the clients to reduce morbidity, mortality and increase longevity of the patients’ life.
- Perform minor surgical operations.
- In collaboration with the team receive and attend to patients who require emergency services
- Ensure the clinic treatment rooms are well equipped at all times.
- Ensure excellent standards and quality of clinical and Home based Care services.
- Ensure that patient data/ information are handled confidentially at all times.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- Participate in the community out-reach programs home based care
- Prepare the weekly plans/schedules and reports.
- Ensure proper and cost effective use of resources.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to HIV/AIDS patients.
- Take the patients history to ascertain the right treatment
- Provide antiretroviral therapy and general medical care to HIV/AIDS infected patients.
- Give treatment while ensuring that established treatment protocols and treatment process as well as dispensing of drugs are carried out efficiently.
- Maintain confidentiality of all activities to preserve dignity of patients.
- Ensure accurate and secure documentation of activities is kept
- Participate in evidence informed interventions targeting youth and the general population.
- Maintain adequate supplies drugs at all times.
- Maintain up-to-date patient records at the clinic.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Qualifications for the Clinical Officer Job
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery with valid registration from the board.
- At least 5 – 12 years relevant experience in a similar position
How To Apply
If you feel you meet the above mentioned requirements, apply before the close of business on 13th May, 2017. Interested candidates should send a copy of updated resume [email protected],[email protected]immediately, quoting the job title and preferred location as the email subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted