Impact Research and Development Organization (IRDO) is a registered Kenyan Non-Governmental Organization with a main office in Kisumu City, western Kenya and regional offices in Kisumu, Migori, Busia, Homabay, Turkana, Nairobi and West Pokot counties.
IRDO’s principal mandate is to improve community health and development gains by promoting local research and implementing evidence-based public health and development programs that respect and leverage community resources.
We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to immediately fill in the following position:
Position: EIMC Clinical Officer / Nursing Officer
Job Summary: Provide Early Infant Male Circumcision (EIMC) services, screen for eligibility and counsel the parents effectively.
Reports to: Quality Assurance/Control Officer
Location: Kisumu Central Sub-county, with frequent visits to health facilities within Kisumu County
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide EIMC services to eligible male babies aged, 1-60 days
• Consent the parents of the child according to the WHO guidelines.
• Provide health education and counselling to parents regarding EIMC.
• Maintain confidentiality on the client’s records.
• Keep clinical environment tidy and safe and ensure the constant supply of consumables.
• Possess at least Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Diploma in Nursing from a recognized training institution and in possession of a registration certificate issued by the Clinical Officers Council or Nursing Council of Kenya
• Must have training and practical experience in Early Infant Male Circumcision, documented proof of training is required
• Must have at least one year’s experience in a busy health facility.
• Must be pleasant, have good communication skills and willing to work in challenging environments and under pressure.
How to Apply
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 17th October, 2015. Human Resources Manager, Impact Research and Development Organization P.O. Box 9171 – 40141 Kisumu.