Clinical/Nursing Officer NGO Job in Kenya
Kenyan County: Bomet County
Reports To Project Manager
Department Projects- Health pillar County Bomet
Background: I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations that has greatly contributed to socio-economic development among different segments of the population across communities in Kenya today. The organization has programs in over 234 institutions (Primary, Secondary and tertiary institutions) and their respective communities across 23 Counties in Kenya. In delivery of it programs, ICL sought to have 1,000,000 individuals accessing affordable, quality health care, 750,000 improved livelihoods by doubling their monthly income, 500,000 students accessing relevant education of high quality, 47,000 Kenya Mpya Champions mobilized for every County and 1,000 Institutions strengthened for better service delivery all aligned to her five (5) pillars: Health, Economic Empowerment, Academic & Career mentoring, Leadership and Governance and Institutional Strengthening (HEAL & I).
ICL seeks to support the implementation of Vision 2030 through cascading it to the counties, sub counties, wards and even communities and households. To achieve all these, the organization works closely with the Government through relevant line Ministries including the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Youth and Gender Affairs the Universities and grass root local partners and stakeholders
Vision & Mission: ICL’s vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’ The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties. ICL’s mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhance the quality of life for communities through Health initiatives, Economic empowerment, Education and Improved Leadership & governance (HEAL).
Job purpose: Support the project in health service delivery and all health related component of the organizations pillars.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Must be registered with the Kenya Clinical Officers Council (KCOC) or Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Offer comprehensive RH services to the youth and adolescents, Key populations including FP, treatment of STIs, FANC, Cervical cancer screening and effective referrals.
- Counseling and testing for HIV and appropriate management including referral where necessary.
- Work closely with other partners to support the adolescent and discordant couples support group.
- Roll out VMMC activities to the sites of the targeted youth population.
- Facilitate Linkages for services not available at the site facilities e.g. diagnostics and special consultations.
- Staff capacity building through training of HTC and peer counselors on effective operations.
- Develop activity work plans and oversee the implementation including monitoring and evaluation.
- Participates in decision making and day to day management of activities.
- Any other duties assigned.
Education, Training And Required Skills
- Must be a Diploma Holder of Clinical Medicine and surgery from a recognized institution or diploma in nursing (KRCHN) from a recognized training institution.
- At least two years’ experience as a clinical officer/nursing officer in a youth friendly setting is preferred.
- Must be conversant with current National Policies and Guidelines on comprehensive HIV/AIDS Management, Family Planning, STI management, FANC and safe motherhood.
- Current training on FP, STI and HIV/AIDS Management, ART, FANC and counseling skills is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to develop institutional partnerships and build networks
- Excellent communication skills with willingness to work in a multi –sect oral team setting
- Computer literate with an ability to analyze and utilize program development gaps for decision making.
How to Apply
Please apply below, submitting your application on or before Thursday 15th February, 2018
I Choose Life Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply now at http://www.teamiq.com/ICL/2820