The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Assistant Accountant – Revenue
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Finance, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation and posting of revenue invoices in accordance with the Capital Markets Act
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue reports
- Bank reconciliation of designated bank accounts
- Constant follow up of debts from customers as per the debt management policy.
- Effecting all banking transactions related to cash deposits, cheque deposits, collection of bank correspondences.
- Reconciliation of debtors’ accounts and ensuring that proper accounting entries have been captured.
- Accuracy of coding, posting, reconciliation and timely surrender of advances and imprests.
- Posting of general journals, receipts and direct bank entries into the Accounting system
- Maintaining an accurate up to date assets register by updating additions, disposals, monthly depreciation and amortization charge, and ensuring that the register is reconciled to the General ledger at all times.
- Prompt tagging of asset additions and ensuring that low value assets are recorded and verified on a regular basis.
- Monitoring of investments made by the Authority in financial instruments by maintaining an updated investment registers and ensuring that the Authority strives to maintain its investments portfolio as per its Investment Policy.
- Maintaining monthly schedules of assigned accounts including consumables stocks.
- Preparation of the monthly cash-flow projection and cash position report
- Supporting in the annual audit process.
- Supporting the annual budget preparation process.
- Assisting in preparation of follow up letters, demand letters for debts and other correspondences to customers.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Commerce Degree or related Business / Finance degree
- CPA II
- Experience with use of computerized accounting systems ( ERP) and online banking systems
- 2 years relevant experience
- Key skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Knowledge of IFRS or IPSAS,
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of preparation of Financial Statements.
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Willingness to accept challenging assignments & responsibilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be persistent
- High level of creativity with strong presentation and communication skills;
- Advanced experience in using MS Product Suites;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Team player disposition
- Organization and analytical skills
- Unquestionable Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.