The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Manager, Corporate Approvals
Reporting to the Director, Market Operations, and the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in the formulation and development of the Authority’s strategic plan including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of work plans related to the licensing of market intermediaries; approval of issues and listing and registration of approved institutions.
- Preparing annual department work -plans and budgets
- Providing leadership and coordination of the review of applications for licensing market institutions and intermediaries.
- Supervising the coordination of the review of the information memoranda and other documentation
- Participating in the review of applications from publicly listed companies to offer additional securities to the public in line with capital market requirements.
- Coordinating the review of applications from publicly listed companies as well as equity and debt instruments.
- Overseeing the registration of Collective Investment Schemes in line with the requirements of the Capital Markets Act and Regulations issued thereunder.
- Overseeing the review of notices, announcement and advertisements by market intermediaries and listed companies and make recommendations of the suitability for publication.
- Overseeing the review of periodic financial statements by market intermediaries and listed companies
- Development and supervision of staff.
- Undertake any other assignment as and when required
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Law, Finance, Business Administration or any other related field
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body.
- If a lawyer, must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and hold a current practising certificate with a professional qualification
- Otherwise should possess a professional qualification in accounting CPA (K) or equivalent e.g. ACCA, CFA etc.
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience in legal or regulatory processes in the financial sector and demonstrated leadership
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Strong understanding of capital markets operations and institutional policy
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan Law
- Understanding of capital market operations
- Strong knowledge of corporate commercial law and transaction advisory.
- High level of creativity with strong presentation and communication skills;
- Advanced experience in using MS Product Suites;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Team player disposition
- Organization and analytical skills
- Unquestionable Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism
- Ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas and to transfer knowledge and skills;
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.