CMMB Kenya is seeking to recruit well qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
Project Manager, DREAMS
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Overview: TUSAIDIE WASICHANA WAELIMIKE (“Support Girls to Learn”) is an awardee of the prestigious DREAMS Innovation Challenge.
The project manager ensures timely planning, implementation, coordination with partners, monitoring, and evaluation of all project activities.
The project manager will also represent CMMB as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all activities under the agreement with the donor, and will manage the preparation and presentation of all proposed implementation plans and reports, ensuring compliance with donor and CMMB strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Take overall responsibility for planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of DREAMS/TUSAIDIE WASICHANA WAELIMIKE project activities in the project area, overseeing programmatic, financial, administrative, and staffing aspects of the project, with high quality and measurable impact.
- Oversee annual work plan preparation, identify external technical support needs, and ensure that appropriate management practices are used in project implementation. Ensure that M&E systems are used to provide timely management information.
- Develop and implement information dissemination activities to publicize the project achievements and results with concerned stakeholders and communities.
- Engage stakeholders and partners at all stages of the project cycle for their insights on the appropriateness of proposed and ongoing project approaches and interventions.
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review, and track progress on project implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources; use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the sector, collaborating with New York office technical advisors, network with other outside technical experts regarding sanitation in schools, scholarships for secondary schools, education in informal settlements, gender equity in education, etc.
- In coordination with the M&E officer, develop and implement strong DREAMS/TUSAIDIE WASICHANA WAELIMIKE project M&E system, using CMMB tools and resources to maximize project impact on project participants.
- Liaise regularly with the donor with project implementation progress reports; ensure timely submission and approval of quarterly donor financial and narrative reports.
- Ensure that program activities comply with CMMB/USAID financial guidelines, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- In collaboration with the finance team, review and analyze monthly budget reports and take steps to ensure management and utilization of funds.
- Lead regular DREAMS/TUSAIDIE WASICHANA WAELIMIKE project reviews; when needed, adjust project strategies and update materials. Promote innovative and effective methods to achieve project objectives.
- Prepare short success stories and briefs on innovations and best practices and project learning, and ensure that they are shared with the donor and relevant CMMB staff to illustrate project impact and for dissemination.
- Ensure that all project documentation is well organized and easy to access.
- Everything else that it takes to live out our mission and keep a good sense of humor
- You have more than five years’ experience in the education sector, working in the community development /health field and at least three years in a senior management position.
- You have knowledge of Kenyan community health strategy, structures, and challenges and have PEPFAR/USAID project experience.
- You are experienced in project management techniques and tools, both theoretical and practical aspects.
- You also have experience working with schools and demonstrated knowledge of the challenges associated with water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH).
- You also have clear knowledge of mentorship and advocacy within rural and urban contexts.
- You have experience in launching, planning, and managing communication campaigns and have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- You believe in CMMB’s mission and vision and in creating healthier lives worldwide.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their CV, cover letter, copy of testimonials and three referees and daytime telephone to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We Believe:We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all: We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her: We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
We believe in people: We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Read more from our President & CEO below.
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, President and CEO of CMMB – Healthier Lives Worldwide:
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized.
Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all is at the core of who we are.
We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who want to add their energy to our work, and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer.
The position of Project Manager of DREAMS is critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining a diverse, talented, professional and motivated team.