Vacancy: Human Resource Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
CMMB is a global non-governmental, humanitarian and development organization with a special focus on making healthcare available to all.
CMMB Kenya is seeking a suitable candidate for the position of Human Resource Officer.
Reporting to the Country Director and working closely with departmental managers, the HR Officer will support CMMB’s mission by providing efficient and effective HR service.
You will be responsible for managing the full HR cycle that includes recruitment, induction, performance appraisal, employee relations, staff benefits & payroll, HR database management, staff training and development.
You will ensure that the Country Office HR programs are implemented in compliance with Kenyan Employment Act and CMMB’s organizational policies and procedures.
- In consultation with hiring managers, the job holder will manage the recruitment process. This includes: recruiting, sourcing and identifying talent including having proactive discussions with hiring managers about vacant roles.
- Advertise vacant positions, maintain a data bank of received applications. prepare shortlists of candidates, conduct interviews in liaison with hiring managers.
- Prepare employment contracts and facilitate probation evaluation.
- Conduct reference check for successful candidates.
- Plan and conduct induction for all new staff.
- Liaise with relevant government agencies and other bodies in relation to employment.
- Ensure new staff submit on time complete pre-employment requirements and forms.
- Develop job descriptions for new positions and update existing ones as necessary.
- Prepare recruitment reports.
Staff benefits & Payroll Management
- Manage staff medical cover and other benefits.
- Liaise with benefits providers and for renewal, communication and other staff support.
- Preparing the monthly payroll amendment memo and coordinating the monthly payroll with Finance office.
- Support Finance & Administration team during salary payments and ensure pay slips are issued on a monthly basis.
Staff Database Management & Filing
- Maintain an organized filing system and personal files as per the HR handbook for all staff.
- Maintain leave records and updating leave tracker.
- Maintain staff contract expiry tracker.
- Maintain contract details for all staff.
- Prepare HR reports.
- Conduct the HR FILE AUDIT checklist on quarterly basis to ensure that personnel files are complete, organized , and secured.
Staff welfare, Disciplinary Actions and Grievances
- Serve as the Country Safety and Security Focal Point ensuring the safety and well-being of CMMB staff and coordinating all health and safety activities.
- Plan annual staff welfare activities.
- Participate in investigation and disciplinary hearings.
- Advise managers in dispute and conflict resolution.
- Conduct regular staff orientation and training on CMMB’s HR programs (e.g. employee handbook, benefits & illness prevention, harassment, code of conduct, etc)
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze findings and submit recommendation to reduce staff turnover.
- Facilitate exit clearance in liaison with line managers and other departments.
- Liaise with Finance Team to calculate terminal benefits and issue service certificates.
Policy & Procedures:
- Ensure all staff read and understand all policies and procedures, handle any queries regarding the policies.
- Provide interpretation and advise to line managers on labour laws application.
- Advise staff and line managers on CMMB’s performance management process and tools.
- Track completion of performance objectives and reviews for all staff and submit regular status update to the Country Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in HR, Administration, Management or any other relevant field.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management
- At least 5 years’ experience, 3 of which should be in an international NGO.
- Proven knowledge and direct experience in at least two of the following areas; recruitment; compensation and benefits, employee relations and communications, performance management and HR practice.
- Ability to identify talent and select candidates in line with business needs
- Thorough understanding of labour laws
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize conflicting assignments
- High sense of professionalism and confidentiality
- Tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive issues.
- Proficiency in using MS Office packages.
- High level of interpersonal and negotiation skills and willingness to work as part of a multicultural team.
Terms of offer
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day.
We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow.
We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to [email protected] indicating position applied for on the subject line by 24th June 2017.
Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cellphone contact.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.cmmb.org.