- Provide onsite clinical mentoring in MNCH to health facility staff to strengthen service delivery.
- Lead, coordinate and deliver training and the necessary technical backup for MNCH facilities.
- Coordinate and implement health, nutrition, mental health and dental services to children.
- Help the project beneficiaries access MNCH programs.
- Facilitate proper implementation of written proposal relating to MNCH.
- Support implementation of Kenya National Guidelines and other relevant guidelines relating to MNCH.
- Develop an annual plan that includes targeted activities for MNCH program.
- Ensure completion of screenings, referral follow – up and treatment, ongoing care and updates and maintenance of health services records and tracking systems for all pregnant women and children in accordance with state and referral guidelines.
- In collaboration with MOH strengthen systems that include necessary MNCH/SRH data capture tools, as well as service delivery that ensures the documentation of the impact on MNCH/RH.
- Conduct needs assessment; prepare project proposal and implementation plan, and track project budget utilization & activity implementation performance for MNCH.
- Provide technical assistance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of MNCH activities at Mutomo Hospital providing information on updated training materials, MNCH guidelines and different indicators.
- Assist supervisory in MNCH policy, strategies and implementation challenges and successes.
- Regularly visit supported health facilities within the county to provide technical assistance.
- Identify potential areas of research; prepare concept papers & proposals and conduct operational research (implementation research) on MNCH to the Country Office that will ultimately give raise to programmatic interventions and better services improvement.
- Implement locality-specific strategies to increase demand and utilization of MNCH services.
- Prepare/adapt and disseminate relevant educational material, teaching aids and clinic reference materials for the delivery of high impact interventions in MNCH.
- Participate in monthly dashboard reviews of project clinical outcomes and utilizing project data to prioritize interventions related to MNCH.
- Collect and document best practices of MNCH in implementation sites which can be benchmarked for the future reference.
- Ensure availability of standards, guidelines and job aids to MNCH team.
- Provide technical assistance to MNCH related quality improvement activities.
- Coordinate programmatic evaluation research and actively participate during development of research concept or protocol.
- Prepare budget plans, track budget utilization during implementation.
- Timely preparation of activity reports to the Program/Project Manager.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual activity and progress reports (both qualitative and quantitative).
- In consultation with and when delegated by Project/Program Manager, represent MNCH team and participate in national and regional meetings such as MNCH review meetings.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Everything else that it takes to live out our mission and keep a good sense of humor.
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience working in MNCH programs providing technical assistance.
- You have a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Public Health/Nursing, Diploma in Clinical Medicine/Registered Midwifery, or Clinical Social Work.
- You have training in reproductive health and pediatrics.
- You demonstrate knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet research.
- You are willing to travel 75% of the time and work under difficult conditions with minimum supervision.
- You are willing to learn and continually hone clinical skills.
- You have experience writing resource mobilization and proposals.
- You believe in CMMB’s mission and vision and in creating healthier lives worldwide.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their CV, cover letter, copy of testimonials and three referees and daytime telephone to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Applications must be submitted no later than 19 August 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all: We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her: We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
We believe in people: We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Read more from our President & CEO below.
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, President and CEO of CMMB – Healthier Lives Worldwide:
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized.
Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all is at the core of who we are.
We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who want to add their energy to our work, and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer.
The position of Maternal, Newborn & Child Health Specialist is critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining a diverse, talented, professional and motivated team.