Accountant Job At Co-op consultancy In Kenya
Our client, a medium sized Sacco in Nairobi urgently wishes to recruit suitably qualified and experienced individuals in the following position:
Reports to the Finance Manager
- The jobholder will ensure proper management of non-check-off members’ records and ensure integrity of control and Sacco accounts.
Accountant Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- General ledger / Subsidiary ledger reconciliations e.g bank accounts, expense accounts and member accounts,
- Tax planning and processing e.g statutory deductions, corporate tax, withholding tax, VAT etc.
- Payment processing including petty cash management,
- Loans pay offs, disbursement and refund processing,
- Preparation of monthly reports e.g cash flow, Trial balance, balance sheet, income statement and end of the month adjustments.
- Verification and checking of all accounting documents,
- Asset recording and update the asset register,
- Prepare and coordinate preparation of financial reports.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in internal controls, and general finance and accounts processes and other duties that may be assigned,
- Attend to any other duties that you may be allocated.
Qualifications For Accountant Jobs In Kenya
- A degree in B.Com, (Accounting/Finance) or relevant discipline from a recognized University.
- Holder of CPA (K).
- 5 years relevant experience at equivalent position in a busy accounting environment, preferably within the co-operative movement.
- Age 30-35 years
- Conversant with computer applications,
- Good communication skills,
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to CLICK HERE to download and fill the online application form and submit completed forms to [email protected] so as to reach us by 26th February 2016. NB: Only applications submitted using this online form shall be considered. Applications that are incomplete or that are received beyond the deadline will not be considered. Short listed candidates will be contacted.