The ideal candidates should also be able to work with minimal supervision and possess the ability to meet and exceed targets within strict deadlines.
The role holder will report administratively to the respective Branch Manager and functionally to the Regional Agent Banker.
He/She will be responsible for the growth of Agency Banking and Merchant Acquiring business and will also be charged with the responsibility of pushing transactions at the Agent and Merchant location by ensuring optimal service delivery by the agents, their outlets and branches while at the same time organizing and conducting frequent training for agents and merchants.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Drive agent recruitment in the specific region/cluster/branch as per the laid down standards and CBK Guidelines as well as track Agent transactions and performance.
- Supervise and appraise agent activities in the specific region, provide regular updates on the agent network and ensure Excellent Customer Service Delivery in the Agent Banking channels.
- Work with Training team to provide continuous one on one agent training on operations and product knowledge and also training & Awareness for agents on Anti Money Laundering (AML/CFT)
- Ensure observance of the Central Bank of Kenya Guidelines on Agent Banking by sensitizing Agents on the CBK provisions and need to comply with the same.
- Coordinate the internal approval/declaration process for specific agents with CBK and communicate to Agents the approval or declination by CBK.
- Execute Card business growth through Merchant Acquiring as well as relationship management with Merchants and driving Merchant Transactions and Turnover.
- Work with Card Business Acquiring team to resolve operational issues and to ensure adherence to VISA and MasterCard regulations.
- Carry out periodic visits to the Merchants to drive Co-op Bank POS usage and offer POS support to Merchants.
- Work with Marketing team to ensure visibility of Merchants and Agents and ensure relevant branding and signage for Agents banking outlets.
- Actively support product development and sales initiatives by branch through the identification of potential agents and coordinating joint marketing activities and cross-selling Alternative Banking Channels products.
- Respond to queries from the Merchants, Internal customers and the CBK within the agreed SLAs.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business related field coupled with KCSE mean grade C+ (Plus), with a C+ (Plus) in both Mathematics and English.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Previous sales experience in a financial institution will be an added advantage.
- A good knowledge of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2009, Banking Act and Prudential guidelines on Anti-Money Laundering issued under the Banking Act
- General awareness of the bank’s procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of end-to-end process of Agent Banking and related environment.
- Thorough understanding of the IT systems used for administration of Alternative Banking channels and especially the POS platform.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae, Degree Certificate and KCSE Certificate to [email protected] indicating the job reference number AB/ACD/2016 by 25th August, 2016.