Internal Auditor Jobs at Cooperative Bank, Kenya
Job Ref: IA/CCIA/Sept/15
Co-op Consultancy, on behalf of our client, is looking for an objective internal auditor to add value and improve our client’s operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement
Internal Auditor Role in Kenya
The incumbent, reporting to the CEO, shall be expected to
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports to management that reflect audit’s results, document process and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee about financial and regulatory matters
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions on audit issues raised
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results,
- Inspect books of accounts and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Examine whether the organization’s objectives are reflected in its management activities, and whether employees understand the objectives.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
- Appraise and review the performance of the supervisors in the internal audit department;
- Identify training needs of staff under audit department and liaising with the HR for training.
Skills, Competencies and Experience for Internal Auditor Jobs In Kenya
The incumbent will be required to have the following competencies, skills, and attributes:
- Must be a CPA(K);
- A Business related degree is a must;
- Acquired CISA (Certified Information System Auditor) and CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) certifications are an added an advantage. Must be willing to acquire these certifications within one year upon confirmation;
- Five years’ experience in Finance or audit departments; at least 3years in a managerial role.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and/or databases
- Strong planning and organizing skills;
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed error free reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Sound independent judgement
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to send their applications together with their resume’s and testimonials stating their current and expected remuneration, quoting the job reference as the subject header, to email@example.com so as to reach us by (25th September 2015) NB: Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Applications that are incomplete or that are received beyond the deadline will not be considered. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.