Bancassurance Direct Sales Representative
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, self-driven and highly motivated experienced professional with a good Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of bancassurance, keen, aware of market patterns and with a genuine interest of the Insurance Industry.
The role holder will be responsible for the development and execution of sales and marketing programs in line with the Bancassurance strategy as well as generation of business from the Bank’s existing Corporate, Asset Finance and Personal Banking portfolios.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Prospect and market various insurance products to prospective clients and advice customers on the adequacy of cover requested for in relation to the policies available.
- Oversee the operational aspects of Bancassurance business at the branch i.e. underwriting, claims, finance and customer service as well as preparation quotations, negotiating terms for customers and closing sales.
- Ensure all collaterals and assets that have the Bank interest are properly and comprehensively insured and the Bank’s interest properly noted.
- Ensure that the Bank, customers and staff insurable assets insured under the branch are renewed on time and that the premium is paid up.
- Carry out market research and provide customer feedback to our head office Bancassurance team for the development of new products and enhancement of existing ones to suite the various market segments.
- Train customers and branch staff on insurance translating to business conversion.
- Ensure that all queries on technical insurance issues from customers and branch staff are addressed promptly while providing technical guidance.
- Prepare relevant production and financial reports.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications:-
- University Degree preferably in a business field from a recognized University.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of bancassurance.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking capacity with strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diversified set up and in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Proven ability to respond quickly, independently and appropriately to competing priorities under tight deadlines, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and advocacy skills.
- Knowledgeable in compiling data and preparing a variety of reports as well as ability to verify the accuracy of documents and information presented.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number BO/3/RB/2015 by 9th October 2015 We are an equal opportunity employer.