Head – Money Markets & Fixed Income
Are you a highly experienced leader with a wealth of knowledge on financial markets? You have good grasp of the technical aspects around money markets and fixed income instruments, you are well informed, highly regarded with high integrity and a keen interest to dive into leadership within the Treasury sector.
This position at the Co-operative Bank of Kenya “The Kingdom Bank” is the right opportunity for you to make use of your leadership competencies to grow your career within Treasury while giving you an opportunity to make key strategic decisions that will position the Bank favorably in the financial markets.
About The Role
Reporting to the Treasurer, the job holder will be responsible for Money Market plans, strategies, policies and activities aimed at enhancing Liquidity Management, Asset Liability Management as well as Money Market and Fixed Income functions.
The job holder will also work closely with the Treasurer to ensure achievement of overall Treasury and bank’s objectives and targets.
Head of Money Markets & Fixed Income Job Responsibilities
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Manage the bank’s financial risks resulting from interest rate exposures, mismatch in assets and liabilities (maturity risk) and Liquidity risk and also prepare cash flow forecasts, gaps analysis for the bank’s overall assets and Liabilities Management.
- Oversee the Management of Liquidity both in the local Clearing accounts as well as the Nostro accounts to ensure that the bank meets its payments obligations without incurring extra unwarranted costs in penalties and overdraft charges.
- Oversee dealing/Inter-Bank activity relating to interbank borrowing and lending and other related functions in line and within the limits put in place.
- Manage the Treasury investment portfolio and invest in surplus funds in Treasury Bills, Bonds and other suitable instruments/securities as recommended in the investment.
- Trade in government securities and other allowed securities as per the investment policy to achieve set revenue targets.
- Manage the bank’s cost of funds (liability pricing and funding) by monthly advising deposit rates and Transfer pricing Rate
- Take an active part in deposit mobilization to enable the bank to grow its deposits while maintaining cost of funds at desired levels by scanning the market and macroeconomic indicators for appropriate pricing.
- Manage relations with stakeholders in the money markets including dealers, Central Bank, Brokers, Fund Managers, amongst others.
- Drive the ALM function and support decision with good market knowledge and networks.
- Facilitate the preparation of the Treasury originated ALCO agenda items.
- Support staff development, coaching and mentoring and maintain high ethical standards for the department.
- Develop products tailor made to suit clients’ needs, changing market trends and balance sheet.
Qualifications for the Head of Money Markets & Fixed Income Job
- The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field and an ACI dealing certificate.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a busy dealing room, 3 of which should be in active trading in Money markets and Fixed Income position.
- Good understanding of Asset / Liabilities Management, Liquidity Management and risk Management in Financial markets.
- Experience in using Dealing/trading platforms E.g. Reuters and Bloomberg.
- Knowledge of various Treasury products as well as end to end processing of Money markets and fixed income products.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- High integrity, strong analytical skills, results oriented with leadership and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com the job reference number HMM/TD/2016 by 22nd December, 2016. We are an equal opportunity employer.