Head – Card Business Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
This position in our Retail Banking division presents the perfect opportunity for you if you are seeking to grow your career in the Card Business.The role holder will be responsible for the Bank’s Card Business in developing and recommending strategies for revenue growth and product development.
In liaison with other channels the role holder will provide leadership for developing and executing a sustainable and profitable card business strategy for the bank.
This opportunity is for you if you are seeking to stretch your horizons and create value for your career and the bank.The Role
The successful jobholder will be required to:
- Ensure Card Business profit sustainability by growing interest income, non-funded income, managing costs and expenses, diversifying income streams while Liaising with the Bank’s management to support and implement growth strategies
- Implement risk management strategies to minimize risks for card business and keep abreast with the fraud and risk patterns in the industry. Also, ensure compliance to Visa international Rules and Regulations and have in place fraud prevention and control measures
- Develop and review all procedures for the Card business and map out emerging risks for issuing and acquiring business and recommend mitigation strategies
- Co-ordinate and manage customer support projects and initiatives and ensure adherence to set customer service standards
- Drive card recruitment, card usage and retention strategies through the branch network while ensuring quality Card Products Portfolio and quality management of customer expectations
- Build strong collaboration with other industry players; Card association, Visa International and Vendors.
- Initiate marketing strategies and expand into new partnerships based on sound business logic.
- Negotiate and secure partnerships with third parties, work closely with the partners to identify and prioritize improvements in prepaid card products, document detailed requirements for new products and product enhancements and device marketing strategies to reach new markets
- Regularly review card products to ensure that they are in line with market trends and that they are priced competitively.
- Ensure quality and credit card exposure growth while ensuring that ‘Know Your Customer’ and Anti-Money Laundering guidelines are adhered to
- Provide leadership to the Card Business team.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills, attributes and competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field. MBA will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in Card Business with a bias in Card Risk Management.
- Certification in Bank Card Management and ACIB will be an added advantage
- VISA Business School training Expertise in the cards industry practice including detailed knowledge of the market, competition, consumer insights and card schemes – Visa and MasterCard, will be an added advantage
- Demonstrable strategic business leadership skills including sales leadership in a similar role and environment
- Good product portfolio analysis and financial management analysis skills
- Should display understanding of the latest developments and emerging trends in the market place on card business and related channels
- Good business knowledge and awareness as well as a business development mind with ability to develop and implement project proposals to fill in the identified business needs
- Should be results-oriented, possess the ability to work under pressure and deliver on time
- Excellent leadership skills, communication skills, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career, send your detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] by 16th August, 2015.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the subject line of your email as: HCB/HRD/2015We are an equal opportunity employer.