Vacancy: Head of Co-op Bank Foundation
The Co-operative Bank Foundation is the Co-operative Bank of Kenya’s Vehicle for Corporate Social Investment with the objective of creating opportunity for future generations to find a better world than that which we found.
The current flagship project of the Foundation is an education scholarship scheme for bright but less endowed children who are facing difficulties in paying school fees for secondary education as well as university and the vocational internship program.
We are seeking an exceptional and experienced advocate and leader to provide leadership to the bank’s Corporate Social Investment (CSI) strategy and to build and drive strategic partnerships and fund-raising strategies for the Co-op Foundation.
This is a very high profile role and provides myriad opportunities as a strategic influencer and leader.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated capability and track record of building strong networks and mutually beneficial partnerships and fundraising for philanthropic activities that define the Co-op Foundation’s pillars.Specifically, the successful job-holder will be expected to;
- Develop, lead and manage the execution of the foundation fundraising and strategic partnerships development strategy as well as oversee preparation of the annual financial and fundraising budgets with clear Key Performance Areas and expected outcomes
- Develop and lead the strategy of the Foundation within the broad context of the local and national landscape by using performance measurements to guide strategic and operational decision-making
- Oversee and strengthen the full implementation of donor management and servicing requirements as part of compliance as well as provide donor relationship management on quality control, effective reporting and donor servicing
- Lead and facilitate the overall Foundation strategic partnerships development and relationship management with donors in major fundraising markets
- Work with the leadership of the foundation and Bank to develop sustainable financing mechanisms for innovative and sustainable CSI initiatives
- Represent Co-op Foundation in the business, not-for profit forums, multilateral and bilateral donor forums and in general the other external relationships in the philanthropic sector
- Scan the political, economic and thematic landscape related to current and potential funders, and identify changes and emerging opportunities to maximize funding revenue
- Promote Co-op Foundation visibility and brand equity for scaled up innovative strategies aligned with the Co-op Foundation mission and vision and cultivate a strong partnership with the Board of Directors in setting policies consistent with the mission of the Co-op Foundation
- Develop a strategic outreach and marketing plan that provides a clear and concise message telling the organization’s story whilst overseeing the execution of media relations participating in interviews, developing press releases and all other media type engagements
Skills, Competencies and ExperienceThe successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A postgraduate qualification (MBA, MSc or PhD) required in relevant field, e.g. economics, business management, international development, communications;
- At least 10 years relevant experience of working in a leadership position in development-focused organizations, with over 5-10 years of direct experience in developing and nurturing strategic partnerships and fundraising for CSI and development activities in Kenya and elsewhere;
- Demonstrable experience of operating at strategic and senior management level in development organizations or foundations or similar organizations;
- Demonstrable experience of engaging in high level stakeholder consultation with regards to fundraising and partner development in the region and beyond;
- Comprehensive understanding of the current partner and donor landscape, funding trends and priorities, engagement strategies and innovations; fundraising experience in the financial and the philanthropic sectors preferred;
- Energetic, entrepreneurial, proactive with excellent relationship and influencing/negotiation skills;
- Strong marketing and external communications skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and manage partnerships relationships;
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide group of partners and proactive sharing of information and reporting
How to Apply
You can create incredible value for your career and being part of a great team you can make immense difference in the lives of the communities/groups we work with.
Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating ‘Head of Co-op Bank Foundation’ in the subject line by 15th August, 2015.
We are an equal opportunity employer.