Risk Manager Job At Co-operative Bank In Kenya
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
Highly adaptable, dynamic, thorough and experienced in banking operations, with a degree of self-drive and latitude to excel in Risk Management; Does this sound like a match for you?
Then this position within our Risk Management department presents you with the perfect opportunity to grow and develop an exciting career that will allow you to Implement Business Continuity Planning and Management for the entire bank and enhance disaster preparedness by conducting appropriate periodic reviews of the operating manuals, staff training, BCP testing and maintenance of the same. The role will also require you to keep abreast of recent developments in Risk Management and promptly follow up and escalate key risk issues.
Risk Manager Job Responsibilities In Kenya
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Take custody of the Bank’s main Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Ensure that the Bank has up-to-date business continuity/disaster recovery plans, & supporting procedures by reviewing the Business Continuity Management (BCM) policies, procedures and controls & recommending changes. This will also involve ensuring that plans are updated to reflect changes in business strategy & the Bank’s risk profile.
- Ensure the running and effectiveness of the; Business Continuity Management Team (BCMT), Crisis
- Management Team (CMT) and Occupational Safety and Health Act Team (OSHA).
- Oversee the business continuity plan exercise and maintenance on a regular basis, or as may be determined by the Bank’s Business Continuity Management Team.
- Ensure that all Business units and the branches update their customized Business Continuity Plans and conduct fire drills at least once a year. Also, be the custodian of all updated business units and branch BCPs.
- Ensure implementation of the BCP by periodically conducting a Risk Management Assessment on the Bank to identify the critical functions.
- Conduct Business Impact Analysis, (at least once a year) on the identified critical functions.
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of the facilities available at the Leadership & Management Centre as an alternate site for the Bank’s critical functions in conjunction with ICT and other critical departments
- Ensure maintenance & communication of the Business continuity duty officer roster and also update & communicate the call trees for the entire bank network
- Enhance the risk culture by creating awareness & educate all staff bank-wide on Business Continuity Management through various channels.
- Ensure that all business continuity incidents are reported, resolved promptly and captured in the relevant risk logs.
- Conduct regular research on Business Continuity Management and ensure that emerging best BCM practices are embraced by the bank, compile pertinent analytical reports for presentation to the Business Continuity Management Team
- Keep abreast of recent developments in Risk Management especially on Business Continuity Management.
Qualifications For Risk Manager Jobs In Kenya
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Degree in Business and/or Law or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Risk specific professional qualifications from recognized risk management institution(s)
- 3 years’ experience in Risk Management especially within the Banking Industry.
- Membership to the Business Continuity Institute and ACIB/AKIB certification is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge and experience in Banking Operations with sound general IT knowledge
- Adaptable, analytical and problem solving competencies.
- Articulate with excellent communication and report writing skills.
- A team player and a leader with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, thorough, quality conscious with a structured and disciplined approach to risk.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating the job reference number RM/CS/2015 by 7th October, 2015 We are an equal opportunity employer.