Our client, Chuna SACCO, a deposit taking SACCO based in Nairobi, wishes to recruit suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the position of Internal Auditor REF NO. CHUNA/CCIA/AUD/2016
The Internal Auditor will report to the Chief Executive Officer administratively but functionally to the Audit Board.
The Officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls, evaluation of risks, information security, regulatory compliance, preparation of audit reports and performance of all internal audit duties and responsibilities in the Society.
Internal Auditor Job Key duties and responsibilities
- Independently assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes created by the business units and support functions and provide assurance on these systems and processes.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Internal Auditor Job
- Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
- Bachelors’ of Commerce (BCOM) or any other business related degree from a recognized university.
- CPA K.
- 5 years working experience at a senior level in a busy credit and accounting environment and preferably within the cooperative movement.
- Computer literate.
- Must be between 30-45 years of age
Internal Auditor Job Attributes / Skills
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgement.
- Strong character constantly reminding moral and ethical obligations to employees.
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines .
- Team player with good leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Unquestionable integrity and strong ethical standards.
How to Apply
Download the online form (openable with adobe reader).
Must indicate the Job Reference Number on the application form.
The form must be submitted by end of 18th January 2017.