Co-operative Bank of Kenya Data Governance Analyst Job
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank’s Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE)
About the Person
You are brilliant, you drive results in a big way and you get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through. You have cultivated your technical and soft skills and established a respect for real-time data and the importance of data in informing business decisions. You are highly analytical with a keen interest in Data analytics.
You are well experienced in guiding enterprise data management initiatives in key business areas and in operationalizing data governance and you possess expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies and knowledge about managing and leading technical data analytics teams across multiple departments while keeping a strategic perspective.
About the role
Reporting to the Head – Data Strategy & Governance, the Data Governance Analyst will be responsible for administering data policies, standards and procedure, for managing and implementing the enterprise data blueprint, for protecting data assets and stakeholder interests, and for providing support that enables data governance across the enterprise.
The role holder will also co-ordinate data stewardship and the governance organization towards setting policies, standards, architecture, and procedures, as well as resolving data related issues. The data organization includes data stewards, platform stewards, lead data stewards, and the Data Governance Council.
Data Governance Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation and application of the enterprise data governance program.
- Create and maintain data governance processes, rules, policies, standards and practices.
- Coordinate and plan the Data Governance Sessions, meetings committees and councils
- Work with the business units and corporate functions to establish effective data stewardship framework that work closely with the Data Governance Council.
- Define and implement key data governance tools to support the processes.
- Support strategic direction by drawing on information from multiple sources and using guidelines to analyze what information is important and how it should be used.
- Communicate data governance initiatives and programs confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner, selecting the most appropriate medium for conveying information, and structuring written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
- Contribute content to internal collaborative content platforms to support engagement with data stakeholders.
- Evangelize the concept of “data as an asset” and the value of understanding the quality of data.
- Support the data management office and data stewards to ensure data assets comply with all governance policy, regulations, agreements, and business rules.
- Contribute in the communications plan that keeps stakeholders updated on enterprise data governance.
Qualifications for the Data Governance Analyst Job
- A degree in information management, organization governance, or related management fields is preferred.
- Possession of MBA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) year experience in data management, data analytics, or enterprise data governance.
- Experience with SQL strongly preferred.
- Any database administration certification will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data governance and data quality and how they affect business decisions.
- Ability to design and recommend governance structures and control frameworks for the ongoing management of data
- Experience in guiding enterprise data management initiatives in key business areas and in operationalizing data governance.
- Expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies and knowledge about managing and technical data analytics teams across multiple departments.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze diverse data and information, develop and recommend strategies
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Strategic perspective with an ability to analyze complex issues, develop appropriate action plans and deliver results
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation
- Fosters Communication
- Inspires trust and integrity
- Customer Centric
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating “DGL/SSD/2017” in the subject line by Monday 4th September, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.