Co-operative Bank Underwriting Officer Job in Kenya
Underwriting OfficerAre you a dynamic, creative, self-driven and highly motivated experienced professionals with a good Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of bancassurance?
Are you keen and aware of market patterns with a genuine interest of the Insurance Industry?
If yes, The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place to elevate you to the next career level where an idea today can be set in motion tomorrow.
Reporting to the Principal Officer, the role holder will be responsible for supporting the delivery of Bancassurance business through facilitation of key duties in underwriting, handling queries from branches and adhering to the established SLAs and Memorandum of Understanding.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Drive growth in Bancassurance business across the bank channels and identify opportunities for, develop and deploy new products.
- Develop Bancassurance manual and policies and procedures in terms of business operations as well as underwriting processes for motor and non-motor business.
- Analyze underwriting documents before they are submitted to insurance companies to ensure they are fully and comprehensively documented without loopholes.
- Ensure that all queries on technical insurance issues from customers are addressed promptly while providing technical guidance.
- Ensure adherence to the Bancassurance manual policies and procedures and implementing immediately any actions/deficiencies highlighted by the Compliance & Audit reports.
- Build relationships with Co-op Bank sales channels and support them to drive business with their customers and manage relationships with insurance companies to secure the best terms for Co-op Bank Group customers.
- Ensure compliance with Insurance Regulatory Authority requirements and internal Procedures and Policies.
- Train customers and Banks’ staff on underwriting/claim processes, requirements and procedures.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in insurance business or as an Underwriting Officer in a corporate organization.
- A professional qualification in insurance will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of bancassurance.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking capacity with strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diversified set up and in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Proven ability to respond quickly, independently and appropriately to competing priorities under tight deadlines, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and advocacy skills.
- Knowledgeable in compiling data and preparing a variety of reports as well as ability to verify the accuracy of documents and information presented.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating ‘Underwriting Officer’ in the subject line by 15th April, 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer.