BURN is a social venture that saves lives and forests in the developing world through the design, local production, and distribution of clean burning cookstoves. BURN currently manufactures one stove per minute in its solar-powered modern manufacturing facility just outside of Nairobi, Kenya.
BURN has sold more than 200,000 of its flagship ‘jikokoa’ household improved charcoal stoves, thus reaching more than 1 million people. BURN’s Kenya-based product development team works closely with consumers and the factory to launch new products for the East African market.
We are looking for an experienced Collections Specialist who can manage BURN’s accounts receivable, and drive collections across a broad customer base.
Collections Specialist Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversight of BURN’s accounts receivable, including customer accounts ranging from small individual distributors to retail and export sales.
- In co-ordination with the VP Sales, sales reps and finance team, develop processes for ensuring timely collection of receivables across the customer base.
- Conduct investigations into aged and overdue receivables, and implement action plan to recover this debt.
- Liaise with and leverage regulatory bodies such as CRBs to bring in collections.
- Provide information to new and existing customers on BURN’s collections process.
- Provide clear and regular reports to senior management on the status of individual accounts and overall level of receivables.
- Build strong relationships across the customer base, and negotiate payment plans where appropriate.
- Provide information to other members of staff as required, such as finance personnel and sales reps.
Requirements for the Collections Specialist Job
- 3 – 5 years collections experience managing accounts receivables of 30million KES or above.
- Ability to network and manage relationships with a wide range of customers (small individual distributors, MFIs, supermarkets).
- Experience setting up debt collection processes and liaising with regulatory bodies such as CRBs.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to problem solve/find creative solutions.
- Ability to be exceptionally organized and be proficient at multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with standard software such as Microsoft Office.
- College Degree desirable.
- Knowledge/experience of mainstream accounting or ERP systems is also desirable.
How to Apply
The CVs should be sent to [email protected]
Deadline 31st July 2017