The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for overseeing all accounting and finance activities and reporting.
Accounts Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Manage accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable,
- Implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions
to ensure adherence to CoMeT’s guidelines.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensuring
accuracy of financial statements.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Draft project reports, developing program budgets and cash flows and regularly monitoring
- Preparation of monthly expenditure requests and account for project expenditure in line with
CoMeT’s financial procedures;
- Ensure staff adhere to CoMeT’s financial policies and procedures;
- Any other duty assigned
Qualifications for the Accounts Assistant Job
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/ Finance Option)
- CPA Section III
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Proficient in relevant computer software
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position (preferably in an NGO set-up or busy
- In absence of a degree, minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- A great attitude
- A passion for numbers, accuracy and skills in calculating figures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner / Fast adaptor with high level of flexibility
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and a sense of urgency
- Ability to pay attention to detail and meet strict deadlines
How to Apply
Interested individuals should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) to [email protected] by 15th January 2017. The email Subject Line must show the job title “Accounts Assistant”.
CoMeT is an equal opportunity employer and women candidates are encouraged to apply
NB: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for interviews