Senior Manager, Advocacy & Communications Job at Commission For Administrative Justice, Kenya
Reporting to: Director, Advocacy and Communication.
Directorate: Advocacy and Communications
Advocacy & Communication Job purpose
- Support design and implementation of communication and advocacy programmes.
Description of specific tasks:-
- Support in the development of communication and advocacy operational plans.
- Develop content and guide in the design of information, education and communication material, and other targeted communications material.
- Facilitate engagement with media including setting up interviews and field visits where necessary.
- Develop and update media contact list.
- Generate press releases/statements and organise press conferences.
- Write, edit and/or proofread documentation of the Commission work and facilitate dissemination of experiences, successes and other relevant information to targeted
- Coordinate outreach activities such as awareness forums, road shows, exhibitions and community engagement initiatives.
- Generate content for the Commission website and social media platforms
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of communication and advocacy programmes.
Qualifications/Requirements for Advocacy & Communication Job
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have;
- A Masters’ degree in Public relations, communication, journalism or any related social science
- Have at least five years of experience in communication and advocacy work or any relevant field
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution, and comply with the values and principles of the public service (Article 232)
- Experience in policy and practice analysis in administrative justice and/or implementing advocacy initiatives
- Have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong inter-organisational skills such as networking, negotiation and communication
- Proven analytical ability, with strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and Kiswahili languages
- Be a citizen of Kenya
- Training in a senior management course will be an added advantage
Successful candidates will be required to provide copies of clearance or compliance certificates from
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Clearance certificate from a credit reference bureau
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- The Closing date is on 17th June 2016 at 4.30pm
How to Apply
- The Applications should be addressed to:
- The Commission Secretary Commission On Administrative Justice 2nd Floor, Westend Towers – Waiyaki Way P.O.Box 20414 City Square 00200 Nairobi