Commission On Revenue Allocation Manager Research Job
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
SCALE – CRA 4
Reporting to the Director Research and Knowledge Management, the job holder will monitor developments at the macro and micro economy level and analyse their impact on CRA’s constitutional mandate.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day running and management of the macroeconomics unit and work with the director in running the directorate.
- Develop a suite-of-models for policy simulation and forecasting.
- Conduct research and policy analyses on macroeconomic management.
- Monitor and report on national and county economic developments.
- Collaborate with partner institutions in generating objective policy research.
- Work jointly with the statistics division to update CRA’s socio-economic database.
- Perform capacity building and mentoring of staff within the department.
- Master’s degree in Economics or Statistics from a reputable University
Experience, Knowledge And Skill Required
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant progressive experience in policy analysis and economic modeling.
- At least three (3) years of work experience in a supervisory position.
- Good research publications record in refereed journals.
- A good understanding of econometrics and ability to use standard econometrics software to conduct research and modeling such as STATA/SPSS, RATS and CATS.
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Strong managerial skills, including motivating, developing, coaching and leading teams.
- Demonstrable report writing and presentation skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications.
- Ability to work in a team-modulated and collaborative environment.
How to Apply
Note the following changes in the designations:
Assistant Director, Research (Macro/Micro) changes to Manager, Research (Macro/Micro) (CRA 4)
Assistant Director, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis changes to Senior Analyst, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis (CRA 4)
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Thursday
29th March 2018 at 5.00 pm. as follows:
Application for the position of ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission On Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer