Human Resources for Health (HRH) Capacity Bridge Project is a USAID funded project implemented by IntraHealth International Inc.
The goal of the project is to strengthen human resources for health systems in Kenya at both the national and county levels and ultimately improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the project is looking for a suitable candidates to fill the following positions for the next one (1) year.
The Communication Assistant will provide support to the Monitoring & Evaluation Unit by supporting documentation and communication of results.
S/he will work under the overall guidance of the Director, Monitoring & Evaluation to ensure efficient and effective operation of the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Communication team in managing the IntraHealth / Project photo-library by carefully labelling all images and ensuring library is well stocked
- Assist in populating the quarterly reporting template and drafting activities and monthly reports
- Support in communication products design and production using relevant software applications (InDesign, Corel, Photoshop and Adobe Premier)
- Collect and document success stories and pictorials from different project sites
- Support provision of communication and visibility through appropriate branding and marking compliances
- Support communication team in editing stories and publications as required
- Work closely with team in the planning, implementation and monitoring of the HRH Capacity Bridge Project
- Support the preparatory activities related to field work – assessment, evaluations, surveys by liaising with Procurement, Logistics and Finance teams
- Assist in the compilation and dissemination of Project Reports (quarterly, semi-annual and annual), and any other M&E related documentation as requested
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of M&E
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication / Journalism or related field
- At least 2 year working experience in the development field in a Communication unit
- Photography, graphic design and short video production skills required
- Experience in knowledge management (KM) is desirable.
- Demonstrate good documentation and report writing skills
- Effective Communication (oral & written)
- Planning and Organizing
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Managing multiple priorities
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former employment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is September 28, 2015.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.