Responsible for communication with different target audiences, including customers, journalists, partners and the community by communicating effectively with the target audience to build a positive reputation for the Centre.
Communications Officer Job Responsibilities
- Plan communication programs, carry out research into the attitudes and perceptions of the target audience.
- Monitor forums, social media sites, product review sites and the press
- Conduct research, take account of both positive and negative attitudes toward the Centre and prepare reports for the management team and other marketing professionals with recommendations on building a more positive attitude.
- Handle media relations and meet with consultancy executives to brief them on developments
- Write marketing communications material and plan content for publications such as brochures, event leaflets and annual reports for stakeholders
- Support the design and delivery of strategic communications documentation
- Support the implementation of the marketing communications strategy
- Provide support to other staff for the development and brand compliance of function specific documentation
Qualifications for the Communications Job
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or similar field
- Professional qualification in public relations
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as PRSK
- At least 3 years communications and public relations experience gained from reputable organizations
- Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills
- Able to communicate effectively with different audiences
- Attention to detail
- Works effectively in a team
- Proactive worker who is able to develop and implement ideas
- Effectively plans and prioritises own workload
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to send their applications preferably in hard copies. Applications can also be emailed using the email addresses provided. All applications should be received by 9 December 2016. The applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director/CEO The Kenya Cultural Centre P.O. Box 43031 – 00100NAIROBI Email: [email protected] and copy to [email protected] Application submission should include the following: Cover letter, applicant’s CV, copies of relevant certificates and recommendations, names and contacts of three professional referees and a copy of national identity card