Communications Officer Job at World Vision
Grade Level: 14
Reports to: Senior Communications and Media Officer
Location: National Office
Purpose of the position:
- To operationalize a broad field Communications agenda for both local and global stakeholders to promote the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Sector of World Vision Kenya and the Organization’s ministry and impact to children, communities, staff and supporters.
Communication Job Major Responsibilities:
- Production of high quality, child focused, compelling and issues-oriented fundraising, advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print, photo and video content) for effective donor and public engagement.
- Produce high quality, child-focused visual (photo and/or video) content that engages broad audiences and enables supporter transformation, staff engagement, and advocacy and revenue generation.
- Develop and maintain media contacts, pitch compelling content and position WV in influential media outlets in the national.
- Produce rapid information and compelling needs and impact-focused content for Partnership communications and marketing for disaster response.
- Prepare written materials, internal newsletters, presentation materials and other communications products for the Leadership.
- Develop and publish digital content for World Vision web and social media platforms that engage audiences.
Advisory, Planning and Capacity Building
- Provide communications advice including crafting of relevant messages and use of the right media
- Create relationships and connections utilizing various channels for information sharing, learning, influence to help shape and advance the communications agenda
- Develop strategic solutions to given communications challenges.
- Conceptualization of video productions with Videographer
- Facilitate training on communications skills for staff; Sponsorship 2.0 and Communications for development.
- Train and position approved media spokespersons to respond to media inquiries and achieve positive coverage for World Vision Kenya.
- Support the Marketing and Public Relations team to produce communication resources for marketing
- Review publications and external and marketing engagement materials for alignment to WVI quality and brand.
- Identify story concepts, host and accompany Support Office, donor or VIP visits to ensure compliance to the Code of Engagement, maximizing positive impact for all stake holders
- Provide timely and quality reports as required
Qualifications for Communications Job
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or other relevant training from a recognized university or college.
- Minimum four years professional experience in journalism or public relations is preferred.
- Excellent command in communication oral and writing skills; ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting and motivating manner
- Must have good photography skills.
- Competent in new digital platforms and devices and traditional office applications (Word, Powerpoint and excel)
- Must have proven analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of the communication and media industry with strong media links
- Proven experience in social media engagement.
- Ability to achieve results working in a multi-cultural organization, including leveraging differences and addressing diversity issues for improved team effectiveness
- Demonstrate creativity and embrace innovation in the work environment to improve and evolve processes
- Should be creative and a team player.
How to Apply
Click here to apply