The Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC) is a premier and flagship non-governmental human rights and governance institution in Africa that was founded in 1992 with a mandate of enhancing human rights centred governance at all levels. Its founders and staff are among the foremost leaders and activists in struggles for human rights and democratic reforms in Kenya and beyond.
The KHRC conducts and provides evidence-based research and analysis on human rights in Kenya, advocates for the full realization of all rights and works with community-based networks across the country to help them organize and mobilize for the attainment of these rights.The KHRC is seeking young graduates who are looking to gain practical experience in the field of Human Rights. The successful interns will be spread across our programme and institutional support areas. At present internship applications are requested in the following programme areas: Political Pluralism and Diversity, Human Rights Monitoring and Response, and Communications.
Communications Internship Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Journalism / Mass Communication / Public Relations with a minimum qualification of a 2nd Class Honors.
- Excellent social media and digital communication skills
- Must be computer literate (Working Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in Adobe and final cut editing suite is a must have
- Photography and videography skills is a must have
- Events planning, organization and implementation skills
- Graphic design skills is an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability and interest to write on diverse issues
- An eloquent and bold public speaker and writer with mastery of verbal and written English and Swahili
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Be ready to undertake routine communication support assignments
How to Apply
- Only those candidates that meet the above qualifications will be considered for the internship opportunities. Interested candidates should submit their application to include a cover letter and curriculum vitae detailing their suitability for the post and include a daytime telephone contact and three referees to [email protected].
- Your email & application letter must include the programme and institutional support area as the subject for your application to be considered.The closing date for applications is Monday 31st October 2016.
- KHRC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and will recruit the most qualified person irrespective of race, marital status, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality. Only successful candidates will be contacted.