Do you believe that companies need better ways to enable their teams to perform?
Do you envision that innovative start-ups and SMEs will create the future?
Would you like to lead conversations to promote stakeholder engagement?
Have you answered yes to all of these?
We are looking for a Communications Intern!
Thousands of small and growing businesses are designing innovative solutions to the issues society is facing. Millions of professionals seek a career in which their talent contributes to building something meaningful.
At edge we are passionate about improving business performance through building high-performance teams, ultimately building a “Thank God, it’s Monday” society.
About edge: Since 2005 we have supported young companies in getting their teams right. In 2014 we decided to focus on transformational organizational design that harnesses talents and allows everybody to contribute to the success of the business. Since then we have supported dozens of companies in Kenya in building highly-effective teams.
Our path to becoming the trusted partner for growth-oriented enterprises around talent-related questions, such as putting the right people on the right job, consciously enabling performance, choosing and implementing systems and processes is quickly taking shape
About the role
We want to change the way people look at work, being employed, their careers, running companies and team work.
We have reached 200 organizations across East Africa, but we can do more!
You will design and implement our communications activities to drive edge engagement and positioning with diverse stakeholders.
You will lead conversations that inform our product launches, events, gathering industry trends and other activities.
You will seek, build and maintain relationships that promote our work across East Africa.
As our communications and community intern you will:
1) Drive awareness and remembering of edge
- Create an integrated communications approach
- Drive Social media presence
- Create and implement plan for social media presence relevant to edge’s why, how and what
- Drive conversations and respond to audience accordingly
- Identify newsocial media channels where edge can position itself
- Constantly seek opportunities in the fast changing social media world for edge to tap
- Develop and implement campaigns
- Create and drive different campaigns around edge work to drive awareness and engagement with our brand and ideas
- Identify and approach relevant partners for co-branding of campaigns
- edge thought leadership
- Capture the impact of our work and approach and make sure potential clients and partners can access our stories
- If you love writing, put your skills into practice by contributing to our blogs o Research and compile relevant content for our newsletter
- Design and send newsletters to diverse stakeholders
2) Support candidate engagement for our recruitment services
- Coordinate with the delivery team in receiving candidate feedback after the close of every recruitment process
- Conduct an analysis of the data and make recommendations to the delivery team for candidates experience improvement
- Continuously improve the feedback mechanism to ensure we are gathering relevant and valuable data (survey etc.).
- Support market research on targeted talent profiles, career preferences, salary industry levels, latest recruitment channels etc.
3) Position edge in and through events
- Research on the best audience for edge events in collaboration with the event planning team
- Manage communication with all edge events participants – invitations, RSVPs, event updates etc
- Identify and recommend various events where edge can position itself – by attending as speakers, panellists or participants
- Help edge team members represent edge confidently
- Be edge’s ambassador in various events and forums, drive lead generation.
4) Implement edge employer brand
- Design and implement strategies to position edge as the preferred employer in the talent management space
- Manage edge employee satisfaction process – running surveys, consolidating feedback
- Collaborate with the office management department to ensure our workspaces reflect who we are
Who we are looking for:
- You are excited about connecting people with the bigger picture of their organizations
- You love the idea of improving workplaces, organizations, teams and careers around East Africa.
- You have a degree in communications, journalism or other relevant field
- You keep yourself updated on global trends and activities.
- Proven record of content created (blogging, social media campaigns etc
- You have seen the potential of social media to drive business results and want to roll up your sleeves to do the same
- You have had at least 6 months working experience (internship or fulltime volunteer experience does count)
- Your friends talk about your vibrancy and your natural ability to connect with people
- You attend networking events and manage to get meaningful contacts and follow-ups
- You are excited about working in fast growth environments and don’t require many structures to create something wonderful
- You are highly organized
- Excellent written and oral communication
- You have organized and managed events – especially handled participants communications
- Past experience using diverse social media channels to drive key messages to different stakeholders
- Proficient in WordPress, MailChimp, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Google Drive and other relevant tools. Web and graphic design skills come in handy!
- You make a difference to people around you and our society
- You thrive in a start-up environment, where things are constantly changing. You get bored where one month is the same as the next
- You are happy to organize your work independently; you are resourceful and can create lots of value with small budgets
Why join edge?
- Because we’re transforming the world of work in Kenya and globally.
- Experience the start-up world and leave your mark in a young ambitious organization
- Work in an international team with a high commitment to teamwork and learning
- You will report to the founders and be included in exciting strategic conversations
- Join flexible and passionate people that value your talents!
- Work from our Waiyaki way office
- It is highly preferred that you use your own laptop
- edge is a young company, be prepared to deliver with limited resources
- We provide a stipend for the internship
How to Apply
Want to apply? First, read this guide on how to submit your application and tips on our selection process: http://bit.ly/CandidatesGuide Record a 3-minute video and upload on any video sharing platform and send us the link when submitting your CV….. Tell us:
- Why you are looking for an internship?
- What do you love about the idea of working at edge?
- What you love about the edge brand
- Two to three ideas to take our brand to the next level
Send a past writing and design sample. If you have a portfolio, share them all! Send your CV in PDF format to [email protected] with the subject line “edge Communications Intern” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis thus apply as soon as you see this! Not for you? Please forward the role to your networks who may find it interesting!