Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications and research company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations’ and individuals across East Africa.
Given the incessant news cycle in both the traditional and digital media, we believe it is absolutely vital to employ reputation management and strategic communications to further the manifold objectives of our clients. We assist our diverse client base with navigating today’s complex information space from offices located in Kenya and Somalia.
We are looking for a communications and marketing officer who will support the Communication Team’s efforts to efficiently conduct its day-to-day tasks.
Ensure all the external communications from Farsight Africa Group are in line with the corporate strategy (Branding Strategy). Continuously improve internal communications within the employees of the organization by fully utilizing the social media platform to promote the products/services.
Communications & Marketing Officer Job Responsibilities
- Develop a branding strategy and ensure all external communication is in line with brand strategy
- Developing and managing the corporate social media strategy.
- Managing and developing brand style guidelines for internal and external use
- Managing the contents and design of the corporate website.
- Start and manage corporate blog to share company’s expertise
- Managing Farsight’s email marketing communications, being responsible for planning and delivering effective digital campaigns to the appropriate target audience.
Qualifications for the Communications & Marketing Officer Job
- Minimum 2 Years working experience and proven work portfolio in managing social media campaigns
- University degree in communications, journalism, and media studies, political science, international relations, and any other related academic fields;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Critical reasoning and problem solving skills;
- Capability and self-initiative to carry out assigned tasks at a professional level and largely without supervision;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Other related duties to marketing and publication affairs
How to Apply
Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a cover letter along with their updated resume, portfolio and the names of three references to ([email protected]) on or before June 15, 2017.