HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Communications Officer to be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent visits to project partners, to document and disseminate HelpAge’s work to a wide range of audience and forge collaboration with mainstream and social media. A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
To manage HelpAge International’s media, communication and publicity work, consistent with its mandate of promoting the needs and rights of older people in Tanzania. The post holder will plan and implement a wide range of publicity activities including coordinating the production of regular and special publications reflecting the organizational strategies, values and principles to reach a diverse audience in the country.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is capable of assuming overall responsibility for managing and ensuring the effective implementation of Communication activities that promote the positive role of older people and increase visibility to HelpAge International’s work in the country. The post holder is expected to have effective communication skills both written and verbal in English and Kiswahili with ability to engage at the grassroots level and national Government level with CSOs and relevant departments in the Government.
• At least Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations or similar field
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in an NGO
• Understanding of social issues, vulnerability and poverty
• Ability and willingness to be administratively self-supporting
• Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
• Communication, and reporting skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrable interest in ageing issues an advantage
• Experience of closely working with the media – mainstream and social media
• Highly analytical with fluency in written and spoken Kiswahili and English
Contract Period is 2 years with potential for renewal
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description. Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email, to: [email protected] or [email protected]
Applications should be sent before the end of 02nd October 2015. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No certificates need to be sent.