Communications and Business Development Internships at Elective Africa
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
This is a perfect internship for someone who is a self-starter, detail oriented, creative thinker, not afraid to roll her/his sleeves up and is interested in working with a dedicated team.
If your performance exceeds expectations, you will be offered a position in the company at the end of your internship.
Elective Africa is looking for talented Communications and BD individuals to join our company for an internship that will take 3 months.
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of educational and expedition travel programs in Africa. While assisting with a wide range of assignments, the intern will gain experience and training in many aspects of Business Development and a good understanding of working with a diverse team of people.
The Communications and Business Development Intern Tasks will be
- Carrying out research and understanding the product, competition and overall business requirements in the industry
- Identifying emerging opportunities in the experiential travel industry
- Conducting marketing activities geared towards enhancing the EA brand value
- Selling and managing client accounts and maximizing revenue generation whilst bringing in new business through a variety of lead generation activities
- Working with EA staff on all media related activities
- Developing general communications publications
- Designing marketing materials
- Managing and creating website content
Communications and Business Development Internship Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications and PR, Marketing or BSc in Communication, Graphic and
- Advertising, with a minimum of second-class honors upper division.
- A grade B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with similar grades in languages.
- Must be reliable, responsible, and be able to meet deadlines.
- Good writing skills is essential with keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Willingness to work long & odd hours to complete assignments with no supervision.
- Social media and web savvy.
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on www.electiveafrica.com/careers and upload your application letter and current CV by the end of day on Monday 14th of November 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted