Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:-
Community Administrators Job Responsibilities
- Implementing County Government programmes and activities at community level;
- Disseminating information on County Government initiatives;
- Safeguarding County Government property;
- Sensitizing the community on matters of health, water and environment, roads and infrastructure, education, governance, agriculture or any other devolved function;
- Identifying and reporting on areas/cases prone to alcohol, drug and substance abuse;
- Notifying relevant authorities on cases/issues of likely conflict in the area of jurisdiction;
- Creating awareness on relevant statutory registration and other emerging issues;
- Encouraging participation of locals in socio-economic development activities;
- Collecting community data and statistical information relating to population and demography, social amenities and facilities, state of roads, agriculture and livestockproduction, culture and heritage; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Community Administrators Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be in possession of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum mean grade C- (Minus) or its approved equivalent, with C (Plain) in English or Kiswahili from the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC);
- Have a Certificate in any of the following fields: Education, Mass Communication, Public Administration/Management, Social Work/Welfare, Community Development, Disaster Management or equivalent qualification lasting not less than six (6) months from a recognized institution;
- Have a Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution;
- Be a resident of the particular Community Area;
- Have high integrity and command respect;
- Possess excellent communication skills; and
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Don’t Keep Share!:
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to: THE SECRETARY/CEO COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O. BOX 458-50100 KAKAMEGA Applicants will be required to indicate their Sub-County, Ward, Village, Community Unit of residence and Ethnic community/clan in the application letter. The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope. Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor. All applications should reach this office on or before 31st October, 2017.