Job Title: Company Motor Bike Rider
Number of Open Positions: 1
Closing Date: 12th August 2015
Summary: We are a Clearing and Forwarding Company with offices in Nairobi and Mombasa.
Job Summary: We are looking to fill the position of a Rider in our Nairobi office.
The duties will be to
- Collect clearance documents from the airport every morning for processing in the office.
- Ride the company motor bicycle in order to reach destinations to deliver messages or materials on behalf of Waki Freight Forwarders.
- Load materials on the motor bike, ensuring they are loaded correctly and taking precautions with hazardous goods and also ensuring they get to their intended destinations.
- Unload and sort items collected along the delivery routes handing them to the Administrative Assistant for distribution to the right officers.
- Receive work related messages from the Administrative Assistant or any other Waki Official to be delivered and information on recipients such as names, addresses and delivery instructions.
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering goods.
- Obtain signatures and any authorized payments on behalf of Waki Freight Forwarders or arrange through the office for the recipients to make their payments.
- Record information such as items received and delivered and recipient’s responses to deliveries for the company.
- Check with the office after a completed delivery, in order to confirm deliveries and collections and to receive instructions for other deliveries. Accounting for all errands made in each given day.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Manager and the Administrative Assistant perform routine check on the motor bike. Ensuring that the motorbike has enough fuel for use throughout the day.
- Strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the Kenyan Law.
- Observe strictly the company rules and regulation, policies and directives and instruction of the Waki Freight Forwarders.
- Responsible for dispatching of outgoing mail, invoices, tenders, cheques and any other office documents to ensure timely communication between clients and the company.
- Where necessary through the accounts office facilitate the payment of office bills i.e. electricity, telephone bills etc.
- Responsible for the motorbike, ensuring it is clean, well maintained and serviced at the required time.
- Any other duties that may be required of him or her.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Valid License
- At least 1 year experience as a Rider in Nairobi and its environs
- A Certificate of good conduct is a MUST
- Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Communication and presentation Skills
How to Apply
Send an updated C.V to [email protected] before close of business Friday 12th August 2015.