Responsible for developing and monitoring compliance programs as well as developing and implementing policies and procedures to achieve compliance with Government regulations, legal obligations and Britam policies.
- Develop a Compliance framework for Britam Group;
- Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing governance for regulatory compliance including and not limited to AntiMoney Laundering(AML), Economic Trade Sanctions(ETS) and Environmental & Social Sustainability(ESS) policies across the Group;
- Compile the compliance obligations register incorporating the risk and control;
- Work with the Business units, to identify all compliance requirements and controls;
- Analyse the compliance risk for each obligation and recommend treatment approach;
- Utilise the available tools to evaluate compliance programs to determine effectiveness and devise solutions to address new legal and regulatory developments;
- Perform on-going compliance risk assessments, testing and monitoring and facilitate remediation of control deficiencies based on observations or findings from compliance monitoring and internal audit;
- Liaises with Business Units on major non-compliance findings and advises on mitigations to be considered;
- Timely submission of reports to Head of Operational Risk/Governance manager, including and not limited to monthly status reports, Management Risk Committee reports, input to Board papers and adhoc reports;
- Represent Britam in industry forums and influence upcoming regulation as required or delegated;
- Roll out the communication/awareness program;
- Continuously review and report on compliance status; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Internal working relationships;
The Compliance Manager will be-
- Accountable to the Head of Operational Risk & Compliance
- Directly responsible for staff working under this position, if applicable
- Required to liaise and work closely with the Risk and Compliance team, Department Managers and Unit Managers in country and regional businesses
External working relationships;
- Required to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with third party service providers to ensure quality and cost effective services are provided to Britam.
- Insurance Regulatory Authority, Retirement Benefits Authority, Capital Markets Authority and other policy makers.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Risk, Law, or any related field.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in operational risk, compliance or ethics, operations or compliance 3 to 4 of which must be in a managerial role.
- Relevant accreditation required.
Technical and functional competencies;
- Compliance reviews
- Risk assessment techniques
- Risk response strategies
- Risk management policies
- Risk mitigation strategies and indicators
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Relationship building skills
- Focuses on the Customers
- Develops Self & Others
- Solves Problems
- Manages Quality and Risk
- Managing Change and Ambiguity
- Managing and Executing Strategy
Friday, March 3, 2017
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce
Law or a related field.