Health & Nutrition Officer Job at Concern Worldwide
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
To provide technical guidance and mentorship to the Ministry of Health (MoH) and local partners at Laisamis Sub in the implementation of Health and Nutrition services, maintaining a strong focus on the health system approach focused on the World Health Organization defined building blocks for Health system strengthening
Main Duties for the Health & Nutrition Officer Job
- Assist the Manager to provide technical support and leadership to MOH and local partners in the implementation of integrated maternal child health and nutrition services.
- Provide technical support and front line management to MoH at the Sub Counties and Health Facilities in the implementation of High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI)
- Provide technical support to MoH and partners on the roll out and management of IMAM Surge in the sub counties.
- Capacity building at MoH at Sub Counties and health facility in all aspects of in the delivery of HINI and health services
- Assist the Manger to liaise closely with the SCHMT and health facility Management Teams to promote sustained ownership and integration into existing health systems
- Play an active role in the roll out of community health services to enhance MNCH and nutrition services at the household/ community through Community Units and Community Conversations
- Liaise with Community empowerment team and CHEWs for promotion of health and nutrition messaging through community conversations
- Assist the Manager to liaise with the local and county level structures (SCHMT, and Health Facility Management Teams) to enhance coordination and collaboration in program implementation and sustainability.
- Participate in development of a behaviour change strategy to promote MIYCN practices and increased demand for health and nutrition services
- Contribute to and maintain strong links with other project officers (FIM, IDSUE and community empowerment and Advocacy) to reinforce a strong Concern programme approach.
- Assist the manager in the day-to-day management including monitoring of the health and nutrition activities
- participate in writing of programme documents ( proposals, monthly & quarterly reports, briefs, lesson learning and case studies)
Health & Nutrition Officer Job Specification
- A degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or in Nursing with solid experience/background in Nutrition. A degree in nursing or nutrition with a strong clinical and knowledge of maternal and child health.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition programming in both a development and emergency context. Experience working with and through local partners in ASAL contexts is an added advantage.
- Experience and knowledge of MOH systems, particularly at County level.
- Good understanding of cross cutting issues- gender, HIV and AIDS, DRR, etc. and how to integrate them into public health and nutrition programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
- Proficient in Computer applications
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluency in local language/s skills is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject of the email as ‘Officer Health and Nutrition North Horr’.
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 10th April 2017 however due to the urgency to fill this position, applications will be shortlisted on a regular basis and we may invite qualified candidates for interviews and offer the position to the successful candidate before the closing date.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.