Latrine Construction Supervisor
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Active participation in the individual design of latrine structures to ensure structural integrity
- Works supervision and progress monitoring, including appropriate instructions and capacity support to artisans and casual workers
- Review work in progress including close monitoring, evaluation and supervision for adherence to project schedule, quality of works and correct building of family latrines
- Analysing the more complex construction jobs to determine methods and materials
- Provide regular updates and progress of the latrine construction activities included detailed data of the beneficiaries
- Representation of Concern Worldwide in external meetings and fora as agreed and found essential to support the main tasks of this position.
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
- A diploma in Civil or Structural Engineering or any other WASH technical field
- At least one (1) year’ experience in construction, latrine construction preferred, supporting small construction teams within WASH project/programme.
- Skilled in the use of tools and equipment of the trade, considerable knowledge of the standard practices, materials and methods of the construction trade, masonry structures, an ability to work from blueprints, rough sketches and an ability to plan, lay out, supervise and track work are essential.
- Excellent project planning, monitoring and evaluation, interpersonal, report writing and team skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in computer applications
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluency in the local language is an added advantage
How to Apply