Conflict & Peace Building Expert Jobs FCDC
Duration: One Year Contract
The Frontier Counties Development Council (FCDC) is a county governments’ agency mandated to accelerate the socio-economic development of the member counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Lamu, Mandera, Marsabit, Tana River, and Wajir.
FCDC aims to increase trade, tourism, investments and encourage private enterprise in addition to advancing efforts towards peace building. FCDC also acts as the member counties coordinating office for Kenya Vision 2030 and related programs and projects to ensure its participation in the national priority development initiatives. FCDC wishes to recruit suitable persons for the following positions:
The Conflict & Peace Building Expert will be responsible for handling the security, peace building and conflict resolution sector and mainstreaming the initiatives in socio-economic development activities.
Conflict & Peace Building Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform technical functions related to the formulation, development, updating and review of the member counties’ policy agenda for peace and security;
- Coordinate the integration of peace building and conflict resolution aspects into socio-economic development policies and initiatives;
- Analyse and interpret relevant data to generate information for deepening policy identification and formulation for sustained peace, stability and resilience;
- Liaise with various agencies, industry groups, donors, research and advocacy institutions and other partners in relation to policy advocacy in security, peace building and conflict resolution;
- Develop content for the various presentation materials of FCDC regarding member counties peace and security policy studies and related work to be presented to the agency’s stakeholders and development partners;
- Provide technical assistance and advisory services to FCDC partners in the areas of research and policy advocacy.
Required Qualifications for the Conflict & Peace Building Job
- Bachelor’s degree in peace building and conflict management or related field. A post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience dealing with peace building and conflict resolution in the context of donor funded development programs and projects;
- Strong experience in and capacity to engage with a diverse range of local, national and international partners and stakeholders on peace building and facilitate positive partner relationships and stakeholder engagement and trust;
- Experience of planning, organizing and prioritizing work on peace building and conflict resolution, and working under pressure and meeting deadlines;
- Proactive attitude and commitment to support quality peace building engagement and support for and strengthening of local partners’ ownership and engagement;
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives, and to effectively lead a team of staff in implementation of peace building programs.
The Conflict & Peace Building Expert will be based in the FCDC office in Nairobi. However, S/He will make frequent visits to the FCDC member counties.
How to Apply
Interested persons are requested to send their applications to [email protected] so as to reach by 5.00 pm on 16/12/2016. The applicants should indicate the position applied for and attach a detailed CV and scanned copies of certificates and testimonials. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.