Procurement Manager Jobs at Consolidated Bank, Kenya
Consolidated Bank is Kenya’s SME bank of choice that provides flexible financial solutions that support our customers in achieving success. The Bank is well positioned, with presence in majority of the country’s business hubs to continually offer pleasant and convenient services. We seek to recruit qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individuals for the following open vacancies
Procurement Manager Job Purpose in Kenya
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for competitive acquisition of quality goods and services, proper dispatch, while ensuring cost control and good supplier relationship
- Ensure effective management of the Procurement function.
- Co-ordinate the internal monitoring and evaluation of the procurement function to ensure compliance with procurement laws, regulations and practices.
- Develop, facilitate, implement, monitor and review procurement plans.
- Prepare the Bank’s annual procurement plan.
- Procurement of quality goods and services, disposal of obsolete assets, unserviceable and surplus stores, inventory management and contract management
- Undertake contract negotiations, review and manage in conjunction with the respective user departments.
- Perform secretarial roles to the Bank’s Tender and Disposal Committees.
- Co-ordinate tender advertisement process, tender opening and evaluation.
- Advise staff on all matters to do with procurement of goods and services in line with the provision of the procurement and regulations of the Bank.
- Maintain budgetary control for the department.
Qualifications and Competencies for Procurement Manager Jobs in Kenya
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Purchasing & Supply Management from a recognized university.
- Should possess professional qualifications in Purchasing and Supply Management from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Management.
- Must be a registered member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience at managerial level.
- Experience with an automated procurement system will be an added advantage.
- Must possess excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Should be team player with good analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Should demonstrate high ability and creativity in cost management strategies.
- Should be dynamic, self-motivated and results oriented.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward hard copies of their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by Friday, 19th February 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Head of Human Resources Consolidated Bank P.O. Box 51133 – 00200 NAIROBI Consolidated Bank of Kenya Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.