Constituency Elections Coordinator Job At IEBC, Kenya
(Samburu West, Dadaab & Narok West)
(3 POSTS– GRADE 5
Constituency Elections Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Provide management support, develop and oversee the implementation of strategies, policies, plans
and budgets at the constituency level while ensuring the alignment of these to the regional and
overall Commission strategies.
- Ensure that election operation activities at the constituency level comply with internal controls and
- Ensure provision of administrative support services at the constituency level including distribution
of election materials, transport management, implementation of security policies and protocols and
ensuring the safe custody of the Commission’s assets.
- Responsible for sound financial management and prudent use of all commission funds at
constituency level in line with commission’s financial policies.
- Liaise with the Regional Election Coordinator to implement training programmes for registration and
election officials at the constituency level.
- Identify, inspect suitable polling, nominations and tallying centers.
- Liaise with regional administrative and security officials at the constituency level.
- Compile and certify the voters register for the constituency.
- Undertake the verification and revision of voter’s register as required by law from time to time.
- To liaise with political parties with respect to elections and related activities
- Develop accountability measures, monitor the performance indicators at the constituency levels and
ensure the timely preparation of periodic reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the commission.
Qualifications For Constituency Elections Coordinator Job
- Minimum undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- A minimum of Six (6years working experience in management of public affairs.
- Proven experience in results-based management, monitoring and evaluation or managing election
process is an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate. Good negotiation, planning and coordination skills.
- Additional training, professional qualification and experience of fieldwork will be an advantage.
- Must be a resident of the Constituency applied for and must attach a copy of ID card indicating that
they hail from that constituency.
You must a resident of the Constituency applied for and must attach a copy of ID card indicating that they hail from that constituency.
In addition to the qualifications set above, the applicants must further meet and get the following clearances:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board.
- Professional bodies (where applicableto which the applicant belongs eg LSK, ICPAK, AAK, IEK etc.
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau.
All shortlisted applicants may be subjected by the Commission to a security clearance by National Intelligence Service (NIS).
How to Apply
- Application Submissions
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their duly completed application together with up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, email and telephone contacts of three (3referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience. Applicants must indicate the Job title on the top left corner of the envelope. Those applying for constituency or Regional positions must also indicate the Region or Constituency on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications and supporting documents shall be: Hand delivered to the IEBC CEO/CS, 6th Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi: and/or Send via Post Office to Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC), P O Box 45371-00100, Nairobi, Kenya. Applications must reach IEBC by 30th September 2016