Our client is a well established property development company dealing in both residential and commercial properties. They seek to hire a site supervisor to coordinate and control all physical aspects of the day-to-day working on construction projects to ensure safety and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Construction Site Supervisor Job Responsibilities
- Meet operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Leadership on site: Dealing skillfully and diplomatically by managing the requirements of a diverse range of people including Sr. management, assembly crew, clients, engineering professionals, sub-contractors etc.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with and enforcing, codes.
- Ensuring workmanship quality and speed remain paramount to the success of all our projects
- Dealing with the logistics of supplies
- Scheduling sequence of works, plans for construction, accountability for provision of materials
- Provide technical input regarding design, construction, or modifications as required
- Liaising and working jointly with the design team and structural detailers to implement refinements
- Enhances company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Establish & maintain high staff morale, model sound leadership and teamwork.
- Be an advocate for homeowners and facilitate availability of services and materials.
- Make suggestions and recommendations for repair.
- Schedule delivery of needed materials and labor requests.
- Trouble-shoot and identify construction problems; offer timely and safe solutions.
- Ensure project proceeds in a timely manner.
- Manage tool and materials inventory for each project. Ensure unused materials are accounted for and reported to the Director of Construction.
- Complete necessary reports and meet at least weekly with Construction Director to discuss construction progress.
Skills and Experience for the Construction Site Supervisor Job
- Bsc Civil / Structural Engineering
- Minimum 3yrs experience in a site supervisory position
- A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Site Supervisor ) to [email protected] on or before Tuesday 31st January 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.