Contractor Data Analyst Job at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the following fixed term contract vacancy in the Law Enforcement Liaison section – Security Department within the Risk Management Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager – Law Enforcement Liaison, the position holder will create and manage databases of known and emerging crimes, so as to ensure that the department is up-to-date with current crime trends. This role will also be responsible for extracting and analyzing data so as to support internal and law enforcement investigations
Data Analyst Job Detailed Description
- Carry out detail data analysis touching on various cases assigned from time to time
- Support the Regional security managers on data requests
- Provide detailed interpretation of analysis in the analysis report which may include presenting finding in graphs, charts, tables etc.
- Develop databases for known criminal syndicates e.g. M-Pesa fraudsters, car jerkers, prison fraudsters
- Mining of information from databases to be used internally for decision making, staff alerts etc.
- Ensure data being availed to the analytics databases are clean and free from duplicates
Attending to cases escalated to the team via group mail , security incidents database and walk in customers
Requirements for Data Analyst Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or with strong IT skills
- At least 2- 3 years proven experience data analysis with reputable firm.
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL server databases
- Good knowledge on GSM Technology
- Data analysis certification will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of data analysis tools e.g. ACL, Idea and i2
- Conceptual thinker, ability to wade through data and arrive at conclusions
Strong communication skills – written and verbal – with graphs and trends for ease of understanding
- Multitasking and prioritization skills required to function in a fast-paced environment
- Professional presentation required.
- Uphold 100 % accuracy, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deliver accurate results
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal here and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.