COOK II-KIMC GRADE3 –1 POST –REF NO. KIMC/C2/1/2017
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is the oldest Middle Level media training Institution in Kenya established in 1961.It is currently a State Corporation established through Legal Notice No.197 of 2011(amended). The Institute offers training at Post Graduate, Diploma and Certificate levels in Communication and Cinematic Arts.
Responsibilities for the Cook Job
The responsibilities of the Cook IIshall include and not limited to:-
- Preparing and cooking of foods following standard practices and procedures;
- Reviewing of menus and assembling supplies and equipment for daily food preparation;
- Sorting out and preparing for use in food preparations following standardized recipes, sorting up; and
- Directing placement of hot foods in serving line and replenishing as necessary; and assisting in care and maintenance of work areas, supplies and equipment.
Requirements for the Cook Jobs
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of Cook III, or in a comparable position in Public Service or Public
- Sector from the Public for a minimum period of three (3) years;
Have attended at least a one month formal course in food Production from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills ; and
- Shown merit, integrity and ability as reflected at the work performance and results.
- In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010.Interested candidates must submit Certificates of
- Compliance fromKenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); an provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for this position will range from Kshs.14,939/= to 21,304/=
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications quoting the job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae; copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Transcripts and Testimonials; Daytime
Contacts; Full Names and Contacts of three (3) referees to:
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Uholo Road, (South B), Nairobi
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 42422 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than 3 rd February 2017.
The Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.In this regard, women, persons with disability and minority with the requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualifications.