Cooperative Bank Kenya Fraud Analyst Job
At Coop Bank, we are on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are a success because our customers are succeeding.
Guided by our values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and adaptability are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other always leads to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our staff serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
About the role
As a market leader, we have worked hard to earn our customers’ trust. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important for our success. We defend our integrity by Mitigating fraud and leveraging on the results of risk assessments. This is an exciting opportunity that will deliver value to the bank whilst horning your skills and giving you visibility within the Business. We are excited at the thought of having you as part of us.
Reporting to Head – Security Services Department, the Fraud Analyst will be responsible for fraud detection, prevention and investigation. In addition, the role holder will be responsible for reviewing processes and systems for purposes of strengthening internal controls.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Conduct investigations as required by the Head of Security and ensure that timely, detailed and concise written and verbal reports are given on detected/reported incidents of fraud in the business.
- Undertake trend analysis, profile various types of frauds, highlighting weaknesses noted, and make recommendations geared towards reducing incidences of frauds within the Bank.
- Check out for trends similar to those of previously confirmed frauds for further review, analysis and confirmation.
- Pick out possible fraudulent transactions and confirm their authenticity with the relevant parties.
- Assess fraud risks in the Bank’s products and services with a view to recommending controls to detect and prevent the same.
- Assess fraud risk at the organization level, significant SBUs’ and significant account levels.
- Evaluate the likelihood and significance of each fraud risk to the Bank and assess the exposure arising from each of the categories of fraud risk.
- Identify key fraud risk indicators and formulate MIS that accurately track these indicators.
- Carry out post incidents analysis to understand the loop holes used to perpetrate frauds and make appropriate recommendations.
- Carry out research on fraud, keep abreast on emerging fraud trends, and advise the Bank accordingly.
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, Mathematics or related field.
- Relevant Information Security Certification i.e. CISSP, CISA / CISM, ISO/IEC 27001.
- Understanding of risk and systems security control processes with experience in financial reconciliation and/or Systems audit.
- Good understanding of CAAT’s (Computer assisted auditing tools).
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and bring out new ideas of mitigating business risks.
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation
- Fosters Communication
- Inspires trust and integrity Customer Centric
- Develops self and team
How to apply
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating the job reference number FA/CSD/2017 by Friday 28th July, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.