Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place for you, here, you will find growth opportunities at every step of your career.
If you are an exceptional IT professional with solid programming skills and knowledge of database concepts and you possess strong analytical and process improvement skills with proven proficiency in dealing with corporate information systems in the banking sector, then the Systems Developer position, is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our ICT team. The role holder will be responsible for detailed analysis, design and development of In-house systems and Management Information Systems (M.I.S.) and will also be required to maintain and support applications within this section.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Design and develop Mobile, Desktop and web-based applications and/or integration solutions according to user specification as well as provide test systems and interfaces for UAT and ensure that functions/features are tested before being put on the live system while maintaining the bank’s standards and policies for these solutions.
- Analyze, Design and code Dashboards, generic and user specific reports according to user specification with the key objective of delivering reports and provide test systems for users to test the reports before they are placed on the live system and carry out technical user training as required to enable users interpret the reports.
- Setup and attend to systems failures, resolve or coordinate the resolution of the problem and also and deal with queries from users and resolve or advise them accordingly.
- Define new process improvement opportunities, develop and implement data models and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Assist in preparing system definition/specification by the users highlighting technical requirements, carry-out analysis of the requirements, recommend solutions to address user requirements and ensure adherence to change control procedures in implementing solutions.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration, make changes to system configuration and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Secure systems by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance to the requirements of the bank Liaise with software vendors to resolve systems issues or escalation. Collect, collate information and clearly document issues to enable software vendor support.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, IT or related field from a recognized university.
- At least 2 years’ experience in building Solutions and/or mobile applications using J2EE, and Java MVC Frameworks.
- Excellent understanding and programming of other programming languages such as C#, HTML/CSS, HTML5, XML, and Dot Net MVC Frameworks.
- Strong understanding and use of ORMs such as Hibernate and Entity Framework.
- Knowledge and Experience in bimodal, rapid development and agile methodologies will be an added advantage.
- Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and an understanding of Unix and Linux.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good knowledge of reporting and business analytics tools.
How to apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating the job reference number SD/COO/2017 by 30th January, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.