COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale is a relief and development organization founded in Italy in 1965. COOPI’s envisions a world without poverty where diverse cultures live together sharing equal rights and equal opportunities.
COOPI’s mission is to reduce poverty in the global South through interventions of long-term sustainable international cooperation.
COOPI also conducts advocacy activities in Italy, to fight the cause of the serious economic gap between the North and South.
COOPI is part of the Somalia Resilience Programme (SomRep); an NGO led consortium piloting resilience based initiative in Dolow District, Gedo Region.
The objective of this program is to understand the root causes of vulnerability in pastoral, agro-pastoral, peri-urban households and community groups in selected locations in order to enhance the resilience of communities through a focus on productive capacities.
Position: Field Administrative Officer
Reporting To: Project Manager and Project Administrator
Duration: 4 Months (Sept-Dec) – Annual Contract renewable depending on availability of funds
Key Responsibilities for the position::
1. Financial Management
- Keep base/project accounts
- Management and control of the cashboxes/bank accounts of the post
- Liaise with Administration, Logistics, and Data Department in Nairobi and field officer for documents preparation, finalization and tracking
- Filing of the vouchers, receipts and supporting documents in a timely and organized manner
- Organize the transfer of the documents to Nairobi, in coordination with the Project Manager and logistics department
- Supervise transfers by cash or bank for the base/project, in coordination with the Project Manager/(Project Administrator and the Regional Administrator)
- Payment of base/project expenses according to the cash request for the month as approved/directed by the Project Manager budget, upon approval according to COOPI procurement procedures
- Reconciliation of transfers by cash and by receipt from Coordination/Project Administrator to the base/project.
- Monthly financial analysis/request (Running Cost/Salaries/Identified Project Activities as shall be directed by the Project Manager) of the costs according to the budget.
- Preparation of monthly request of funds to be submitted to the Project Manager/Project Administrator for perusal, who shall procedurally submit to the Regional Administration
- Assist in the preparation of budget amendments in liaison with the project manager and the project administrator.
2. Administrative Control:
- Supervision and monitoring of all the administrative aspects of the base/project (contract in the field, request for quotations, purchase orders) in liaison with the Procurement Dept. and Project Managers
- Preparation of base/project staff contracts in coordination with the regional administrator and the Area Coordinator.
- Observance of COOPI and donor administrative procedures.
- Human Resources management
- Maintaining base/project human resources records (management: contracts, job descriptions, leaves, benefits)
- Ensure the implementation of COOPI staff policy for the project staffs taking into account the national labour laws, taxation system and rules, social security and insurance rules, etc
- Logistics and Procurement
- Oversee and monitor inventory and stocks management, ensuring that they are updated on a regular basis
- Periodic missions in support of base/project administrative functions
Qualifications & Requirements
- Holder of a Diploma/Degree with at least three years of financial management training /course from a recognized institute.
- Should have at least three years professional experience.
- Must be a Somali National with clear knowledge of the region of operation.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use standard computing packages (word, excel, outlook, power point, internet etc);
- Developed planning, organizational and research / analytical skills;
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in fast paced humanitarian programming in Somalia is an advantage;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English Language is Mandatory
- Be able to communicate effectively in Somali.
Start Date: September 2015
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through email to [email protected] by 18th August, 2015.
The application should be a cover letter and CV as one document and indicate the title of the position on the subject line.
Applications should include contact details of three professional referees.
One referee must be the applicant’s Immediate supervisor.
COOPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.