Qualifications for the Social Worker Job
- Certificate in Social work from a recognized institution
- Diploma in Social Work & Secretarial skills will be an added advantage
- Good report writing skills
- Good communications skills
- Must be fully conversant with MS word and Excel
- Minimum of 5 years hands on work experience in social work.
Social Worker Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical and support services to the Empowerment program, Scholarship Program and Mentorship Program.
- Be the first of point of contact for each social work submitted
- Perform detailed assessment on each client requesting for financial assistance.
- Communicate clearly to the guardians/beneficiaries of social work program.
- Conduct home visits and write case studies for students or families who need assistance from the organization and submit those reports to your supervisor on timely basis.
- Maintain clear records of the financial support for each student and capture details such as student name, cheque number and amount paid.
- Maintain files for each student and ensure that all supportive documents concerning students in the Social Program are well filed.
- Obtain all necessary background information and data for each student and have them in their respective personal files.
- Make arrangements with the students/guardians on the dates they are expected to collect cheques for tuition and communicate other important dates as planned by Program e.g. meetings dates, socials days etc.
- Conduct home and school visits ensuring proper follow-up on the students in the Outreach Program.
- Administer correspondence/communication with the stakeholders of the program.
- Perform secretarial tasks and maintain proper filing records for all program activities.
- Perform any other duty as may be requested by your supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates and a detailed C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephones of three referees to [email protected].
Monthly gross salary offered for this position is between Kshs 29,000/= and Kshs 35,000/=. Please indicate your current and expected salary and also your current employer to the address here below. Submit your application not later than 6th January 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted