Teachers Job At Cornerstone Preparatory Academy
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy is a private primary school located at Hillstop, at the base of Mt. Longonot along the Trans African Highway. We are currently seeking a qualified professional to fill the role of a P1 teacher.
Duties for the Lower Primary (P1) Teacher Job
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans, while establishing and communicating clear objectives for all learning activities
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Prepare classroom for class activities and be able to use relevant technology to support instruction
- Identify, select and use different instructional resources and methods in educational activities
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Measure and evaluate individual student’s overall and holistic performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and other assignments
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Manage overall student behavior and discipline in and out of class by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures, in accordance with established disciplinary systems of the school
- With guidance from the chaplain, perform certain pastoral duties including student support and counseling students with academic problems
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations
- Participate in departmental, staff and parent meetings
- Attend scheduled teacher training sessions and participate actively
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Communicating, consulting and co-operating with other members of the school staff and management
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Lower Primary (P1) Teacher Job
- Minimum Certificate in Education( P1) or diploma in Early Childhood Education from a recognized college
- Ability to work in a team
- At least 3 years teaching experience in lower primary( classes 1, 2 or 3)
- Have attended TUSOME training will be an added advantage
- Excellence in communication and interpersonal skill
- Willing to work under high pressure and for flexible hours
- Must demonstrate passion for teaching and children
How to Apply
Suitable and qualified individuals should drop hard copy applications at Cornerstone Gate OR send CV and Cover letter detailing suitability for the job and salary expectation to the Principal: [email protected] and copy to [email protected], before or on Monday 17th March, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.