- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Manager, Corporate Recoveries Job at Barclays Bank
Corporate Recoveries Manager Job Purpose
- Be member of the Africa Barclays Business Support and Corporate Recoveries Team with responsibility for the delivery of recovery strategies to a portfolio of Corporate and Business Banking Customers experiencing financial distress
- Responsible for determining the objectives, strategies and actions that need to be adopted to address business-risk issues, reduce the Bank’s risk, and achieve managed exit/recovery solutions so that the bank realises the maximum return in the shortest possible time.
- Responsible for a portfolio made up of the most involving and complicated corporate and business banking recovery accounts, a selection of which have the highest provisions raised on them, those with the highest exposures, and those which are politically sensitive.
Corporate Recoveries Manager Job Main Accountabilities
Recoveries and Service
- Lead detailed negotiations with customers, sometimes in conjunction with Relationship Managers, regarding the agreement to, and implementation of, strategy, e.g. Settlement proposals, etc.
- Lead proactive formulation and implementation of strategies on managed exits/recoveries.
- Manage relationships with customers in a manner which, through professional communication of often uncomfortable messages manages customer satisfaction and enhances the Barclays Brand.
- Manage politically sensitive customers and recover debts from them in a professional manner which leaves a good impression of them about the bank.
- Act as a reference point for Corporate Recoveries and credit teams for discussions on specific cases or where more general input from a BBS & CR “specialist” is required.
- Ensure appropriate recovery is achieved and generally provide pragmatic and effective legal support to general management and business functions on impaired debts of the bank
- Manage the achievement of service levels and quality.
- Prepare and submit necessary returns to the local regulatory authorities and Head Office on impaired debts
- Ensure that the necessary sanctions are obtained from superiors for strategies and expenditure whenever necessary.
- Be the secretary of the local Board’s Loans Review Committee, and also the Provisions Committee and be the custodian of the minute books of the Committees.
- Raise provisions if required.
- Sanction of Case Manager applications within own discretion.
- Prepare and submit reports to CMC, the local Board, and its sub-committees.
- Monitor the relationships with the bank’s service providers, especially with regards to fees charged by lawyers and service level agreements with them.
- Ensure that all classified corporate files are properly maintained and have up to date file notes.
- Ensure data integrity is maintained.
- Prepare summons instructions to external lawyers and manage recovery of debts through the courts, including disposals of debtors’ assets.
- Manage relationships with external service providers such as liquidators, executors, sheriffs, messengers of court, accountants, receivers, judicial managers, valuators etc who provide services to matters in Corporate Recoveries.
Business and Risk Management
- Progress the recovery of debts on classified Corporate accounts and ensure their compliance with local regulatory requirements and the bank’s internal procedures.
- Monitor and delegate appropriate duties to members in the team.
- Actively manage debtors, to ensure business and banking risk issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop network of contacts internally and also with local external professionals in order to maximise effectiveness in assisting customers.
- Promote the BBS & CR team to internal audiences (including relationship and credit teams and group companies) and professionals.
- Transfer account responsibility out of team when appropriate, including possibly to a BBS Team.
- Responsible for a small section within the Team
- Set objectives, drive performance and provide feedback to ensure targets are met.
- Use management information to monitor and provide feedback to ensure targets are met.
- Identify risk skills gaps, and communicate and meet identified training needs by effective coaching and counseling.
- Provide assistance and advice to team members in formulating strategies regarding the more complicated accounts in their own portfolios.
Risk & Control Objectives 15% :
- Ensure satisfactory Internal or External Audit Report
- Ensure satisfactory Conformance visits
- Ensure Impairment Management and MI Reporting is produced accurately and on time.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk
- Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
Technical skills / Competencies
- Good credit risk skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Strong commercial skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet/database applications
- Strong planning, coordination and time management skills
- Proficiency in use of internal IT systems especially Flexcube and CCRS
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience for Corporate Recoveries Manager Job
- Must have CSD accreditation
- Good understanding of the role of Business Support and Corporate Recoveries in Africa
- Previous experience of credit risk analysis and/or sanctioning
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of working under pressure and with very little supervision
- Detailed understanding of policies for provisions / NAD / write offs.
- Good understanding of Risk Management policies and procedures
- Sound banking experience
- Good knowledge of corporate finance and insolvency laws
- Experience of both corporate relationship management and credit risk analysis
- Experience of dealing with senior management of corporate entities
- Good knowledge of the local legal system, insolvency law and security issues, and the options available to the Bank.
- Graduate and/or Professional Banking qualifications (e.g. ACIB)
How to Apply
Click here to apply