Our client is a fully Kenyan owned Building and Civil Engineering Company with a portfolio of prestigious construction projects across East and Central Africa.
They seek to employee a Safety Manager who will be tasked with overseeing and enforcing all safety measures in diverse work environments.
Responsibilities for the Safety Manager Job
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health ACT (OSHA)
- Advise management on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Plans and implements training for employees in work site safety practices. Maintains safety files and records
- Performs safety surveys, inspections and audits, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- Assists management in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
- Designs and implements safety programs for designated or workspace
- Recommends ways to improve health and safety in the workplace.
- Responds to on-site emergencies and accidents
- Develops and implements a Workplace Safety Toolkit
- Investigates and reduces loopholes for theft and misuse of company property
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Ensure all sites and offices have proper safety equipment and proper sanitation.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as community leaders and influential persons in the project area.
- Perform other work-related tasks as required as assigned.
Qualifications for the Safety Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Safety and Health Management related field is required.
- Certificate in Safety Management (CSM) is required/Diploma or certification in fire and safety from recognized institution in Kenya
- Coursework and training in occupational safety requirements and OSHA guidelines is required.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the design and implementation of a workplace health and safety programs
- A valid driving License.
- Knowledge about defensive driving, IVMS monitoring, permit to work, vehicle inspection and incident investigation.
- Detailed knowledge of OSHA and Clients safety guidelines.
- Exhibit ability to think practically and creatively to implement the best safety practices.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY. If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Safety Manager – Construction) on or before Thursday 13th July 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV