Our client a leading Regional Manufacturing group is looking to recruit a Cost Accountant. The ideal candidate must have prior experience in Cost Accounting.
• Perform activity of covering production costs and costs of sales.
• Product development and overhead.
• Compares actual to estimates.
• Analysis of raw material inventory.
• Prepares periodic reports.
• Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
• Report on margins by product and division
• Report on periodic variances, causes, spending variances
• Analyse capital budgeting requests
• Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
• Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
• Investigate variances and resolve issues
• Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
• Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required ( accounting principles)
• Minimum Five years’ work experience in Cost Accounting.
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent.
• CPA (K).
• Experience with Big 4 is a plus.
• High attention to detail, strong analytical skills.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software.
• Systems knowledge and familiarity.
• Proven knowledge of accounting standards and procedures, laws, rules & regulations.
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
• Ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented.
• Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions.
• Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
• Ability to communicate effectively.